Macro Pic's

CatBrat

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be keen on some more info too - I posted a thread aboput what cameras people had a while ago, but only got a few responses.

I'd really like to upgrade to something really good, but I don't even know where to start!

What brand, model number, place to go to buy it etc.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

My comps been down for the last few weeks so I havent been on the net very much.

Wow love that cats eye pic!

Im using a Canon 40D with a 60mm macro lens for all my shots in this thread. All hand held, just using the on board flash to give a bit more light if I needed it. I dont have a tri-pod, or external flashes,or remote shutter or timer or any of that gear, just the camera and the lens, and I take lots of pic's.

Here are a couple more...

Resizecenta1.jpg

Resizecenta2.jpg

Resizeslater1.jpgResizeSlatter2.jpg

Cheers, Jake.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
What sort of macro lens?

Hi Caryl. It's the Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM. It was a toss up between the 60mm and the 100mm. This review site helped me choose.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Revi ... eview.aspx

I also have the Canon 18-55mm and Canon 55-250mm that came with the camera in the twin lens kit. Both are image stabilised. I'm hoping I've got most bases covered with those three lenses.

I don't know anything about the Chinese ones but personally I'd prefer to stay with the Canon lenses. They're built well and should last the distance.

I'm no expert so I might be missing something but since Grant already has the 75-300mm does he really need the 55-250? All he gains is the 20mm wider angle at one end and loses 50mm of zoom.