taking fish on planes

broms2

Yeah I took an angle pair on an airnz flight a couple of months ago no troubles at all. I was told it had to be in a transparent container, that was totally sealed, that had no chance of leaking, and <7kg allowable carry-on baggage size.

I double bagged and put them in a tall lunchbox container, taped around the top, in my backpack. I kept it on the floor in front of me.

Never had problems but never told them I had live fish either. Carried in a soft sided chiller type bag. Have also carried axoltls in an icecream container. I didn't know any internal flights were X-rayed.

Yeah I did a flight from chch to rotorua. Had the fish in a box(not see thru) double bagged told them what it was they said they couldnt make it out on the x-ray and I just put on the floor with me(air new zealand). No worrys.

I'm guessing the more acute angle is the female :lol:

should not have any problems taking them on board.

just don't let them pass it through the x-ray.

I take mine out and show the security people. They have no problems with it. the more senior people overule the ones going ummmmm.

Well that was flying with Qantas.

Will find out with Air New Zealand next week when I go to Nelson with Cichlid7's fishes.

If in doubt cry, and say they are all you have left to remember your recently deceased, Son, Daughter, Mother (pick one) and you take them everywhere.

They will think you are crazy....no one wants to upset a crazy person :wink:

Well as many as I could but never as many as I want eh Johannes?

I Finally got my Chocolate cichlid from Waaaaayyyyy up North and a few electra.

Just to round things out.

Kind feels a bit strange answer this Q.

But no secrets really...lol

And MANY thanks to Broms and Johannes and sorry to those that didnt get fish when my Boss mucked me around re trip dates.

Navarre