June 4, 200818 yr comment_240054 the bird likes you and wants to buy you so he made a deposit guy in a pet shop says to the owner those birds down there are the same as those birds in the cage higher up but they cost more why? thats because they're on higher perches Report
June 13, 200818 yr Author comment_242708 I have the aviary in the garden and it has 1 male (I think - he was singing up a storm before I got him) canary, one of those ones with a boy band hairdo, 2 little zebra finches and a goldfinch. They are all so cute. And of course adding to the natural ambience of the garden. Report
June 13, 200818 yr comment_242714 Oh is it Gloucester Canary with the flat top frakenstein cut? :lol: We used to have one and he was so amazing with his song (not the best variant of singer out tho apparently canary wise) however, you could hear him down the end of the street, he was that great :lol: Report
June 13, 200818 yr Author comment_242726 Oh is it Gloucester Canary with the flat top frakenstein cut? :lol: We used to have one and he was so amazing with his song (not the best variant of singer out tho apparently canary wise) however, you could hear him down the end of the street, he was that great :lol: I dunno what type he is, but he was the only one in Hutt Pets that was singing his little heart out so I went for him. Yes he has the naff haircut. Report
June 13, 200818 yr comment_242753 the aviary sounds nice tawny deckchair, nice sunny afternoon, birds singing and drink in hand aaahhh bliss Report
June 13, 200818 yr Author comment_242763 the aviary sounds nice tawny deckchair, nice sunny afternoon, birds singing and drink in hand aaahhh bliss Yes, bliss, shame about the rain! Looking forward to summer though, I shall be very sophisticated. Report
June 13, 200818 yr comment_242828 I have the aviary in the garden and it has 1 male (I think - he was singing up a storm before I got him) canary, one of those ones with a boy band hairdo, 2 little zebra finches and a goldfinch. They are all so cute. And of course adding to the natural ambience of the garden. CAN YOU BUY GOLDFINCHES??? OMG OMG OMG I WANT ONE Report
June 13, 200818 yr Author comment_242833 CAN YOU BUY GOLDFINCHES??? OMG OMG OMG I WANT ONE It looks like this... http://larelle.files.wordpress.com/2007 ... dfinch.jpg Report
June 13, 200818 yr comment_242834 CAN YOU BUY GOLDFINCHES??? OMG OMG OMG I WANT ONE a lot are wild caught and not wormed get an aviary bred one make good singers when crossed with a canary they are called Mules Report
June 13, 200818 yr comment_242867 a lot are wild caught and not wormed get an aviary bred one make good singers when crossed with a canary they are called Mules Ohhh thats cool I haven't seen them in captivity before. I'd like to get a pair and also a pair of green finches. Report
June 13, 200818 yr comment_242873 It looks like this... http://larelle.files.wordpress.com/2007 ... dfinch.jpg I know I used to be in the Ornithological Society of New Zealand Me and birds go way back! haha Just didn't realise they were available in the pet trade! Thought I'd have to go trap some 8) Report
June 13, 200818 yr comment_242883 Can you put a saddle on them livingart? you build the saddle pardner and i'll wrangle them for ya yeeehaah hogtied and hornswaggled them mules won't be so stubborn no more Report
June 14, 200818 yr comment_243011 WOW! Hello gorgeous Are you interested in pretty blue budgies by any chance? Report
August 19, 200818 yr Author comment_258403 Hmm so there has been foul play (fowl play?) in the aviary. The canary killed both the zebra finches. I did see him pecking the heck out of them a few times and one morning there they were, pecked to death. And then, the canary died, not sure whether it was injuries, shame or the cold weather, and then I let the goldfinch go cos he was attracting lots of other goldfinches to the garden. I hope he's ok. Anyway now I have two lovely budgies and they are very happy and well and not showing any signs of killing eachother or anyone else but I do have a hole in my finger from when I had the audacity to try and feed them today. Report
August 19, 200818 yr comment_258435 I just noticed the American accent. Out of curiosity what would a mccaw cost over there. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.