Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Setting up an aviary

Featured Replies

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I have the aviary in the garden and it has 1 male (I think - he was singing up a storm before I got him) canary, one of those ones with a boy band hairdo, 2 little zebra finches and a goldfinch. They are all so cute. And of course adding to the natural ambience of the garden. :wink:

Oh is it Gloucester Canary with the flat top frakenstein cut? :lol: We used to have one and he was so amazing with his song (not the best variant of singer out tho apparently canary wise) however, you could hear him down the end of the street, he was that great :lol:

  • Author
Oh is it Gloucester Canary with the flat top frakenstein cut? :lol: We used to have one and he was so amazing with his song (not the best variant of singer out tho apparently canary wise) however, you could hear him down the end of the street, he was that great :lol:

I dunno what type he is, but he was the only one in Hutt Pets that was singing his little heart out so I went for him. Yes he has the naff haircut. :D

  • Author
the aviary sounds nice tawny

deckchair, nice sunny afternoon, birds singing and drink in hand

aaahhh bliss :D

Yes, bliss, shame about the rain! Looking forward to summer though, I shall be very sophisticated.

I have the aviary in the garden and it has 1 male (I think - he was singing up a storm before I got him) canary, one of those ones with a boy band hairdo, 2 little zebra finches and a goldfinch. They are all so cute. And of course adding to the natural ambience of the garden. :wink:

CAN YOU BUY GOLDFINCHES???

OMG OMG OMG I WANT ONE

a lot are wild caught and not wormed

get an aviary bred one

make good singers when crossed with a canary

they are called Mules

Ohhh thats cool I haven't seen them in captivity before.

I'd like to get a pair and also a pair of green finches.

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Hmm so there has been foul play (fowl play?) in the aviary. The canary killed both the zebra finches. I did see him pecking the heck out of them a few times and one morning there they were, pecked to death. And then, the canary died, not sure whether it was injuries, shame or the cold weather, and then I let the goldfinch go cos he was attracting lots of other goldfinches to the garden. I hope he's ok. Anyway now I have two lovely budgies and they are very happy and well and not showing any signs of killing eachother or anyone else but I do have a hole in my finger from when I had the audacity to try and feed them today.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.