Getting to know other fish keepers

Name Owen Lingard

Age 34

Nickname From an online game I used to play, its become my online pseudonym

Occupation electrical engineer now more business development tho

Music Wide range jazz, rock, classical, dub

Interests my obsession has been fish for almost a year now, nothing else gets a look in

Family Married with 2 young girls

Anything else Power tools are great! :bounce:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Paul Ruff

Nickname: dont really have one anymore

Music: anything loud, 8 foot sativa, korn, disturbed, ACDC, Metalica, Guns n Roses, linkin Park, Blindspot, Drowning Pool etc etc

Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Paintball, Drinking and associated things, Ladies, fish oh and of course working on and driving cars.

Family: a mum and a dad and a brother and the rest...single so no missus

Anything Else: I own 12 fish tanks and maybe 150ish fish. Just ur average 20 year old makin the most of life, having as much fun as possible while no major commitments. Love my job, been doing it for around 3 years now, got my own office etc. Hmm i think thats about it

Name: Cesar Zapata

Nickname: cesarz(apata)

Colour: Black and Green

Music: Techno dance(trance)

Interests: Black Magic, Vampires, Psychic Phenomena, Orchids, Chooks, Guppies, Saving Heritage Veggie seeds, Organic Farming, Cooking, Genetic engineering, Cloning, Breeding Amazon Swords, dragons

Fav Book: EragonSeries (Eragon,Elpest,Brisingr)

Others Stuff: I am technically Half European, Quarter Maori, Quarter Mexican Indian - but I look so Asian don't know why (maybe ask my mum?)

Interests: Black Magic, Vampires, Psychic Phenomena,

You and Mystic should get a coven/Blood bank going :wink:

There seems to be a lot of interest in that down your way, some of the most interesting folks came from Wellington when I was looking into that stuff before I entered my straight, suburban, married with 2.3 kids phase :P

Name: Simon. My nick here is a fav character from an Iain M Banks book...

Job: IT Security

Colour: Blue

Music Electronica (house and electro mostly) alt rock and Radiohead

Interests: Mountain biking, RC helicopters (and you thought fish keeping was expensive!) tramping, puters, reading science fiction, movies, quirky humor, live music, long walks on the beach - oops, wrong site :-)

I'm a free loadedand fly RC planes...So...

If anyone has a Dewalt DC9360 36V Battery pack, please let me know,I would to buy i off you for cheap.:)

Going A123 are you? :) I'm just converting my trex to 4 cell LiPo, morrrre powerrrrr!

Ohhhk here we go :D

I'm 21

My name's Daniel. But people call me Dan, Danzo, Danny, Dandy, Danners, Dennis etc etc.

I'm into music, fish, fishing, cats, falconry, shopping :P cars, movies etc

I don't have kids, but I have 3 cats and they're enough. God.

I'm addicted to trademe and bebo.

For a job I'm a cross between Libby and Gerald on Shortland Street.

annnnd I like pie.

:bounce:

• 4 months later...

Let's dredge this up:

Name: Lauren

Colour: Lilac-grey

Interests: underwater hockey, fish (duh!), weird news stories, comedy, technology

I'm a student at Victoria uni in Wellington, doing law. I have 8 fish tanks (but 2 are tiny, so don't count :oops: ). I spend disgusting amounts of time on the internet - in fact, I got an iPhone so I can spend more time on there!!! I'm a bit of a geek, but like to pretend I'm cool in my own head.

Name: Jamie

Colour: Red-Pink

Interests: Fish, my rabbit, Drawing, PC games (Warhammer and Wow) and horses.

Been into fishkeeping for 8 years. Uni student changing to a Vet Nursing diploma. Flatting with my rabbit, boyfriend, and his best mate. Enjoy drawing pictures of people's pets and animals in my spare time.

:bounce:

I think Ive already done this but Ill do it again.

Name:Simon

Colour: Greens

Interests: Fish, Aquatic plants,Carnivarous Plants,Water, Speedway, fishing, hunting, outdoors, etc

Been keeping fish for at least 7 years seriously, and am now a bit of a Aquatic plant geek,lol as i have more plants than fish.

Have a cat called Racus.She's got a fetish for fish food.

Living with my Girlfriend, who complains about the amount of tanks i come home with, and the amount of time I spend online :oops: :oops:

Wanna know anything else, just ask.

Name: Sofie

Age: old enough to know better (but not old enought to follow my own advice).

Hobbies: interesting people (I have a grand collection), bugs, frogs, ecology, DRAMA (am a total drama geek), yelling at my computer (not a computer geek) and dancin.

totally keen to add to my collection of interesting people so if you're in palmy we should catch up sometime (i throw excellent parties!)

Name: Aaron

Nickname: My name + fav fish

Colour: Metallics and pearls

Music: Rock and anything decent

Interests: Gaming, fish breeding, restoring vintage engines and machinery, alternate theories, Honda CRX's

Fav Book: Dont read fiction, but I like fish magazines and books.

Others Stuff: Pokerstars is addictive..... :-?

Name: Donna

Occupation: Community based Mental Health Nurse. LOVE my job and the NGO I work for! :D

Colour: Blue

Music: Varied/ anything not too deafening

Interests: Turtles, frogs, BBQ's, gardening, carnivorous plants, running a kids singing, dance and drama group, creative things like putting on a display in a Christmas grotto that had 20,000 visiters last year. (Already working on this years display!)

Other: Had tropical fish but the turtles ate them. :( Had goldfish in a pond for years but neighbours cat ate them...but like looking at other peoples fish tanks! :D

Never seen a forum till this one...not very pc literate!

Name: David

Occupation: Uni stud (-ent lol) - BCa majoring in International Business, Management and Commercial Law.

Music: Hip hop, rock, drum+base, 80's...

Interests: Snowboarding, wakeboarding, trout fishing...getting ready to start a bearded dragon setup.

Name: Amy

Music: Alternative, Rock, 80's, hardhouse, some techno...sometimes tolerate Pop....

Interests: BEACH, shopping, getting my hair done, pampering my little pooch - who also likes to get her hair done :D , snowboarding...

Been keeping goldfish since I was 9 and only started tropicals last year.