Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many lefties?

Featured Replies

Reading a thread Caryl posted down there I see a couple of lefties and just wonder if there might be a disproportionate number of lefty fishkeepers. I'm a software engineer and there are definitely more lefties than one would expect to find in the general population in my office...

so lets see if it applies to fishy people too!

Lefties: 1

Righties: 0

lefty

Lefty:3

Righty:2

I think(maybe) the national average population is 6% lefties.

Mind you, that average might be increasing now that kids no longer get the cane for using there left hand.

Lefty - 4

Righty - 7

I "write" left handed... but being a hockey player all bat and racquet sports are right handed. Fencing with both or either...

Left handers motto - "Left is Right!"

Gavin.... :) :)

I am actually ambidextrous as well. Although I write with my right, I do everything else as a leftie. My family have always referred to me as a leftie so...

Lefty - 7

Righty - 9

A large number of architects are lefties too I think.

do most things with my right hand... except when I am holding a baby then I use chopsticks in my left.

Kick a ball with my left foot.

But consider myself Right.

Lefty - 8

Righty - 11

I'll say lefty. Left handed and footed but right eyed. Do most things left handed but knife and fork right handed and chopsticks with left or right. Taught it was rude to use them in left hand so learned right and find left naturally easier. Left handed and right eyed is a lot of fun with a shot gun.

Lefty-9

Righty-11

lefty - 10

righty - 11

Lefthanders make more like 20% of the population..

I write in mirror image when I do hand writing. Much more comfortable (and pthers can't read it :P

  • Author

Interesting isn't it ;)

This could be the first un-official study into the 'handed-ness' of fishkeepers.

Now to know for sure we would have to know if there is any natural skew in the NZ population showing a disproportionate # of lefties in NZ compared to the rest of the world....

OR it could be that lefties, being know to be more creative are more naturally drawn to setting up and enjoying aquariums.

We need to lobby the census takers to add a question to see how many kiwis (including foreign/imported ones like myself) are left handed.. maybe NZ naturally appeals to lefties in general? :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.