Anyone got arachnids?

tonka

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh but to answer your original question Tonka (we got a little sidetracked) I currently am looking after/ have looked after, Mexican red-knees, Bird-eating and Rose Tarantulas, Nursery-web spiders, Katipo, Avondales, and a few others

WOW COOL . pm me if you have any available :D:bow::hail: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

i found a really huge tunnel web Porrhothele Antipodiana in the Waitakeres a few years ago , very big ,heavy bodied ,and the ranger came by , so i showed him what i had found , HE JUMPED A MILE , and was so SH*T scared , he wouldnt come near me. Bummer i didnt have my camera with me though.

Good to see there are other spider freaks out there.

• 10 months later...

they came in years ago,during 2nd WW if my memory is correct?Avondale race course was setup as a pow camp or un-newzealander camp(aliens)but not the outer space type.Biosecurity was not up to much in them days and the spiders arrived with the peoples gear and spread from there,hence the name avondale spider.

• 4 weeks later...

lol, I grew up in Avondale, we had a big family of them living in our carport, very nice spiders, at the local atheletics club we were called the Avondale spiders and had a big picture on our shirts, the local bar was called the spiders bar and there was even a big spider model in the middle of town, I think it might all be gone now.

we thought it was all cool when we were kids! 8)