10ft x 5ft x 4ft = how many gallons/liters?

Emily

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um I'm not sure of details yet cos I've only just started planning. It's gonna be the largest of three tanks in the room. I was thinking angels and discus as the main fish with roseline sharks, some other middle dwelling fish that I haven't decided on yet, loaches, cories and SAE. One of the smaller tanks is going to be dedicated to tetras and the other to cichlids.

African cichlids :)

Do you have any idea the logistics and cost of a tank that size?

You mean like the 1000 GPD RO System, reservoir and the hard plumbing needed just for the water changes and that all up it's gonna cost more than some peoples homes? It's gonna be a long hard road but it'll be so worth it.

Thats amazing- A South American Bio-type tank- Rio Orinoco for me

Yeah huge capacity and huge load too, is that 6 tonnes of water.

Great project, good luck keen to here about constudtion as it goes

I've been watching this thread a bit and thought his tank was big...

http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/view ... hp?t=21122

if it was me I would go native marine! It would not be much more difficult than a freshwater tank and the additional costs would be negligble in terms of the costs you would be talking to fully plant out a tank this size. The only extras would be a nice big DIY Skimmer and feeder pumps, a big watter barrell and trailer to pump NSW and a chiller. If you kept it in a well situated place with plenty of insulation it would probably cost less annually than heating a tropical tank... and finally, all the rocks, kina, fish, starfish, anemones, crabs etc are all FREE!!!

althouh 2000 Cardinals would look nice too! :D