REPEAT AFTER ME...

Caryl

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha

I love threads like this, so a quick lesson from someone who has studied technical PR writing, oh and went to primary school: :D

their (indicates possession, e.g their house) / there (indicates position, e.g over there), do not mistake for "they're" (a conjunction for they are)

to / too (extra 'o' is for adding some on the end, e.g can I come too?, the freshwater tanks were dirty and the marine tanks were too)

recommend (not reccomend)

maybe (not mabey)

pressurised (not pressurized.. are we American?!)

while (not wile)

you're (it's a conjunction for you are, not your!! your indicates possession, e.g your hair is cool, you wouldn't..well you shouldn't say you are hair is cool)

happy learning :D

haha

I love threads like this, so a quick lesson from someone who has studied technical PR writing, oh and went to primary school: :D

their (indicates possession, e.g their house) / there (indicates position, e.g over there), do not mistake for "they're" (a conjunction for they are)

to / too (extra 'o' is for adding some on the end, e.g can I come too?, the freshwater tanks were dirty and the marine tanks were too)

recommend (not reccomend)

maybe (not mabey)

pressurised (not pressurized.. are we American?!)

while (not wile)

you're (it's a conjunction for you are, not your!! your indicates possession, e.g your hair is cool, you wouldn't..well you shouldn't say you are hair is cool)

happy learning :D

thanks luke for the lesson above. For me, (cannot comment for anyone else here) my spelling mistakes & terrible conprehention coming directly from two things, the painfully slow two finger typing I do & the fact I really dont care if i get it wrong. :lol: the time it would take me to backspace all the letters that i had already typed for one mistake & then retype them would mean i would never get it done in time to do everything else i wanted to. :D also we are in the era of "texting" or "txtn". I am 26 so was an avid user of this when it first came out so I just figure the whole world will know what i mean :oops: