Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bOi

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bOi

  1. Malawi n Tangs a variety..
  2. bOi replied to kazza's topic in DIY Section
    They should start having pre-made fish houses on trademe..
  3. bOi replied to vegemite's topic in Cichlids
    Oh man thats beautiful. What rocks are they and where did you get them? Thanks
  4. hahah ok, i thought you found 73 ways to kill a fish.. :lol:
  5. ouch, but why #73?
  6. Thanks. That was a Java Fern thatIi got from animates. buy 1 free 1
  7. you better stop feeding 25 with baby aros :lol:
  8. bOi replied to smidey's topic in Cichlids
    i have them too
  9. Just our of curiosity, how much are people willing to pay for the red empresses? How much for each? Then how much for 6? etc
  10. that will be a mission They still juveniles but slowly changing colours Yeah, I just realised after I posted the pics that I took the whole page 6
  11. Btw, for those wondering.. Pic Update page 6
  12. Oh yeah i forgot to mention, I scored these the other day.. new bulbs.. I just need to get the starters/light units for them Yes you saw that right.. $5 each.. 4ft ones Brand new as well
  13. Thanks..*BLEH* haha they took a while plus I needed to resize them. Just a matter of getting off my ar*e to upload them.. and making sure I didn't put in the wrong links for the pics :lol:. Plus Photobucket seems to take ages to load their pages and my album's, but when it comes to uploading them, its not too bad..
  14. And a new addition.. she was lost, so I tried looking for its owner, and put flyer's everywhere.. no response. SO i left her outside the house for 2 weeks hoping she would go home. Never did.. and really pitied it.. so now she's just taking care of the house. and company when watching fishes. Adorable.. She loves the aquarium.. just sits or lie as she is now and watch the aquarium..
  15. Oh and excuse the algae problem :oops: Being treated
  16. And another random pic :oops:
  17. And here is the end product once I got everything running and cycled (took a while):
  18. And here they are at their temporary apartment while waiting for their condo to be made.. : Some of the fryeri's are here on the left bright tank. The right one was a tank I had to babysit while the owner went away for 3 months.. And here are the Empresses in with some fryeri's:
  19. As for filtration, I have gotten myself a AquaOne CF1200 (Thanks John @ Organisms):
  20. In the process (well after the work is done :oops: ): and the old stand (used as my work bench now :lol:): Apologies I didn't take any final product pictures. Its just painted matt black, and also made a lid and painted it black. Because it did not have the usual bracings you would see on newer aquariums nowadays, I have opted to use acrylic pieces, cut to size and screwed from the bottom inner of the lid. WItha custom made feeding door thingy, combined with a spare suction cap I had lying around. Looks like this:
  21. Now something offtrack a bit :-? I have been working on making a hood and stand for a 3ft tank I bought off cheaply on trade me.. was to house my Red Empresses. Plus 13 other Fryeri's This is what i had to begin with, its one of those old tanks with notbracing on the top. It has a glass lid with one of those removable thingys for the sides to hold the glass lids that came with it. Dcided not to use those as they are very flimsy. But it seems rigid enough. Since it had been running for years. In the beginning:
  22. more again
  23. more..

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.