#73 on killing a fish

herefishiefishie

I got another canister filter of Brad to place in my discus tank.Thought 2 canisters be great, no need for interanl. Tank be better etc etc etc....

I went to take out the internal filter when the bottom 2 cartridges fell off. Now the bottom cartridge is fill with ceramic noodles, therefore a bit of weight. It landed straight on a discus head, knocking it out cold. Couldn't think of a way to make it come too. :-? Did try a couple of things, drew the line at mouth to mouth but. :lol:

Therefore I suppose the best thing to describe it is, that it drowned. :x

Useless idiot, ramble ramble ramble....

Frenchy :D

I think that was what he was implying that hes found alot of ways to kill a fish! Unfortunately im sure we all have :(

Me no, off hand...had a busted tank, cooked heater, a jumper, diseases.

Just implying that there is plenty of ways. The things I have heard from working at a lfs.

Frenchy :D

• 2 weeks later...

Now this could be interesting...maybe its time to start a listing of "101 ways to kill a fish" heres some Ive had....

#1: The Suicide - I think everyone has (or will) suffer from this one at some stage....My first loss was a Clown Loach who thought he was a Clown Parrot, and went flying (through the tiniest of gapss too!) Sadly I didnt find him till several days later - shrivelled Clown Loach anyone?

#2: The diss-appearing act #1 - can go hand in hand with the above listing, but Im talking more about the "Fish-Eat-Fish" scenario. Had this happen and only knew where the missing fish went due to the larger fish sitting on the bottom of the tank looking innocent, but being caught red-finned!!! (The tail of his victim was still hanging out of the corner of his mouth....)

and now to add to the list.....

#73: Death From Above: As described by "herefishiefishie" Alien forces attack from above by dropping lethal weighty objects onto the un-suspecting fish - generally gets followed up by some panic and choice words (I'm Guessing) after the Alien form discovers what has happened!

Note: This is intended to be a light-hearted post, I do sympatise with anyone who loses a fish (in any way) I too have felt the suffering! :cry:

Chrismack

There is also the Chinese algae eater who leapt up on to the lid of a breeder tank floating in the main tank and, by the time it was discovered, had become a thin shrivelled stick after sticking to aforementioned lid and drying out under the lights. Took a minute to even work out what it was!