fish house

kazza

windowshot2.jpg

AT LAST

roofon.jpg ROOF ON

insside.jpg

just so you can see whats going on in the inside

claddingon.jpg

outside almost their now just facia boards and gutter to go up next weekend now (to dark when i get in) tiled roof on in new year

sidecladded.jpg

have quite a bit done on the inside

most of the pvc cladding is on insde insulation electrics have all been run

still roof to insulate and clad inside but getting their slow but sure

so the inside is finished a part from little bits still got consumer unit to go in that will be today.(if shops are open of course)

but i got a start on the stands.

stands.jpg

this is them in place. dropped a slight blob on the scockets has you can see in picture. but only one upto now .( no doubt there willbe a few more reason for this i was originally going to use 36x15x18 tanks but now gone for 39x 15x20inch instead

well got one stand with tanks on

just plumbing and sump to make

tanksin.jpg

some of the breeding tanks

breedingcubes.jpg

the sumps

sumps.jpg

sump2.jpg

the sump pump (central heating pump)

sumppump.jpg

the air supply (powered by a small compressor connected to 40mm waste pipe)

airlineconnections.jpg

still got a bit to do tanks on right and side all ready to plumb in now then fill.

drainage still to finish.

but at least i can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. (yer i know its about time too) just thought id say that before someone else did.

• 2 weeks later...

do we have a fish house in NZ? would be cool to have a look... they should build like a real cool fish place with massive beautiful tanks atht are actually maintained properly not like kelly tartons (spelling).. i realy dont like that place.. the tanks always look dirty and the fish are dull .... and the tank layouts obviously have been put in without thinking..

do we have a fish house in NZ? would be cool to have a look... they should build like a real cool fish place with massive beautiful tanks atht are actually maintained properly not like kelly tartons (spelling).. i realy dont like that place.. the tanks always look dirty and the fish are dull .... and the tank layouts obviously have been put in without thinking..

Go see Living Art

There are fishrooms/houses all over nz. Most are private

Join a fish club

There tend to be a few members in each club that have some form of fish house / room

Most clubs also do tank crawls - it gives you a chance to see what everyone else is doing with their tanks, and give you a few ideas for your own

The Auckland club meets at Greenbay, or else there is the North Shore club, they meet at Sunnynook.

• 2 weeks later...