Amazon Tank

freshwest

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

As they say, variety is the spice of life. So Im sure this tank will go through more changes over the coming years. Maybe an African swamp tank full of killie fish. What do you reckon Alan? :lol:

Who knows what will tickle my fancy in the future. Thats the beauty of this hobby (addiction).

• 1 year later...

I've just found this thread - thanks A-town for necroposting to bring it to my attention! This has inspired me to plant my tank - the planted pics were absoutely stunning! Beautiful fronts too!

How about an update to see where the tank is now? You've done such an amazing job!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, first time I have been through this thread. AMAZING!!! :o

Im wondering if you can remember what plants you had in the first setup. Just wondering what the name of the tall plant is with the thin blade.

aquarium084.jpg

I started this thread here to find out what it was and it turns out the tank referred to from the banner is your tank. People have commented saying it is Vallisneria sp. "Contortionist". Can you confirm this??

Thanks and Great tank (new and old setup)

:hail:

I started this thread here to find out what it was and it turns out the tank referred to from the banner is your tank. People have commented saying it is Vallisneria sp. "Contortionist". Can you confirm this??

Thanks and Great tank (new and old setup)

:hail:

Just in case you are waiting for a reply, freshwest has not posted here since Sep 08, so not likely to respond to your request.

Hi folks. I’m still around .Still a keen fisho. More into marines these days. Still have my Fronts and other tangs. The tank in question is now a marine reef tank, starting to take shape. One of the big differences between corals and plants is ,corals are very slow growing so well take a year or more to start looking good . Compared with a planted tank were it only took a couple of months before I was having to pull out bucket full’s of plants to stop it from being over grown. I do miss that setup. I will post some pic of the new setup soon.

PS the plant in question is Valliseria spiralis var contortionist .

Hi folks. I’m still around .Still a keen fisho. More into marines these days. Still have my Fronts and other tangs. The tank in question is now a marine reef tank, starting to take shape. One of the big differences between corals and plants is ,corals are very slow growing so well take a year or more to start looking good . Compared with a planted tank were it only took a couple of months before I was having to pull out bucket full’s of plants to stop it from being over grown. I do miss that setup. I will post some pic of the new setup soon.

PS the plant in question is Valliseria spiralis var contortionist .

:bounce: The legend shows :lol:

Wow marine tank now....would be great to see :) Thanks for confirming the plant, good luck with the marine tank and welcome back to the forums 8)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...