Full tank shot thread

Brianemone

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

none of my photo's are enhanced. i dont feel so bad now :D actually my acro's are starting to colour up nicely. i think they will do even better once the new big mutha skimmer goes in. if they dont, i'll just have to brush up on my photoshop skills and make my tank look better than it really is :lol:

Ok Pies, your pics look genuine enough to me. Tell us what you do

I load the photo into Photoshop, crop as required and re-size for posting on the internet. If required I will adjust the brightness, contrast, sharpness or hue to hightlight the subject or to adjust the photo to reflect what it looks like not what the camera defaulted too. I use manual white ballance.

and what you think the boundaries should be.

Boundaries? Post what you like, no matter how much you doctor your photos the tank will look the same. I'd rater see photoshoped pictures than no pictures at all.

There is so much effecting the way the tank looks, blue lights make corals irrodesent, large watt lights make photos over expose, I see no harm in doctoring the photos, your not fooling anyone anyway.

*dig* I'd rather see a doctored photo of your own tank than post a pic of someone elses tank insinuating its yours *end dig*

Pie

Actually I've had a look at the " Combo Shopped" :D pic of my tank on a pc with a better monitor than mine, it is pretty clear it's been altered, I think I'll stay with my ordinary pic.

What you did Combo, has certainly made some things more realistic, but the shaded areas of the tank are almost black, where in the actual tank it does not look like that.

Perhaps it's not possible to make a perfect pic out of one that was not right in the first place?

BTW, still a few tanks we haven't seen yet, come on guys....

a monitor better than yours ?? :D do you still have the problem with the sun coming in?

my problem with a full tank shot is getting it to look the size it really is my tank looks like a nano in the pic i took.

ill have another try when the new sump is in and there are no bubbles

Actually I've had a look at the " Combo Shopped" :D pic of my tank on a pc with a better monitor than mine, it is pretty clear it's been altered, I think I'll stay with my ordinary pic.

Of course, I was 10-second job. There is one excellent web page http://www.ximinasphotography.com/lessons/ that is dedicated to reef aquarium photography. Do not forget to pass mouse over pictures.

And it was not Photoshop, it was IrfanView.

yeah hey Wasp about photoshopping the pictures - you can basicially mess around with any photo and end up with good results. The pic of your tank was definately good enough quality to manipulate the photo without any problems with the shadows ect.

Combos job was just a quick demonstration, and you can see that even a quick edit can have impressive results - with a bit of time you can have a perfect likeness.

Its just a matter of how much time you feel is worth "psing around". :lol:

There is one guy on RC who had fantastic pics with no photoshopping - they looked really good - however he obviously spends ages taking his photos , - its obviously his hobby. It would be nice if everyone had his ability - PS just helps make a photo from an average camera with an average user look great.

Personally I would be proud of have non - ps'd pictures - but only if they were good (which for me is unlikely).

Hmmm... well I've decided not to do any photoshopping for now.

When in that other thread I said "not photoshopped", kinda had a nice ring to it :D

Anyhow, it may be OK under some circumstances as you say.

Hey I bet it could do wonders for your tank Feelers :D