Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Full tank shot thread

Featured Replies

  • Replies 293
  • Views 37.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good Jetski and No Photoshop.

How long did it take to set the tank up?

Some people say you must wait a year before putting an anemone in, I think that's a myth.

Why do people say to wait a year?

It's one of those urban myths that go around Jimmy, but nonetheless the tank does need to wait until it's stable. Depends on the skill / experience of the reefer.

Looking through the Reefkeeping mag this month I found this:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-12/nftt/index.php

Something which those with Hanna meters should probably take note of. This was something which I was trying to explain to wasp a few days ago (it fell on deaf ears of course).

Precision (Resolution) vs. Accuracy

Layton

Just kind of wondering what it is in that article you're assuming I didn't already know Layton?

Just a question.....

BTW how'd you like that DSB Acro TOTM?

Just kind of wondering what it is in that article you're assuming I didn't already know Layton?

Just a question.....

Here's the answer:

I own one. They are a world apart from a hobby kit.

Your lack of experience will explain your remarks, as I suspected.

All the other stuff you said about photo diodes or whatever, is a lot of theories you read somewhere.

The water will be tested for PO4, with the Hanna. We will then be able to find out what your orthophosphate REALLY is, wether your hobby kit is REALLY accurate, and I'll even be able to tell you how often you REALLY clean your glass.

Those quotes exposed your ignorance of the difference between precision and accuracy to me.

That's the reason why I was trying to explain the difference. But your lack of knowledge and blinkered attitude did not allow you to even consider the possibility that maybe there was something to what I was saying. Well someone independent has explained it. Hopefully you understood it.

Layton

Those quotes exposed your ignorance.

Layton

Oh yeah, I forgot. I am ignorant.

Thanks for explaining this to me again.

Now it's time to move on. No?

Well I answered your question from above.

All you could do is pass mine off as a "game of answer 20 silly questions", and said it was going nowhere. Turns out it was.

Rather than just dismissing what I say, for the simple reason that your don't have enough knowledge in what your talking about (ignorance), you could actually listen, and think about was is said.

Layton

Maybe because wasp doesn't want to wreck this thread you have posted in the wrong place bugger off!!!!!

Nope, just the truth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorance

Also, if you're going to quote me, don't take it out of context in order to dramatise it.

I said:

Those quotes exposed your ignorance of the difference between precision and accuracy to me.

NOT

Those quotes exposed your ignorance.

As you both posted.

Layton

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.