Everything posted by Sharkey
-
Looking for tanks running Deep Sand Beds
Yep i did for about a year it was about 10 inchs deep it slowly desolved because I didint have a Ca reactor at the time I hate to think what would have happend to my corals if i didnt have a DSB at that time,As i was dosing Im currently BB but out of all the tanks Ive had the best has been the DSB in regards to sandbeds. I'm trying zeovit at the moment and serouisly thinking of what to do in the sand bed department Im not happy with BB which Ive had running for about a year or two. I see they also say to run a sand bed SSB with Zeo so I'll look at doing that but i have crazy flow so it would have to be at least 4mm or i'll end up with it all over the place. I feel like BB would work for me if i designed the tank around that which i didnt I think they all work BB DSB SSB but IMO DSB has been the best it lowers your nirates and helps maintain a stable systeem. Just my two cents
-
Ca Reactor vs Two Part vs Kalkwasser
I haven't posted on this site for a long time although I do from time to time come back and read, unfortunately it's usually this sort of thing and then I think why did I bother. I like healthy debate but Layton you just look to be trying to stir thing's up with pointless comments. Sometimes it pays to listen there are other points of view and yours isn't always right believe it or not. Yes both systems work we all know what works and is best for one system is not the be all and end all for all systems. But if we are going to play these games please back up what you say. We are all still waiting for your amazing computer :roll: Still waiting for photos of your amazing tank :roll: Still waiting for some positive input :roll: We are few we should be constructively working together. Trading frags sharing information and experience's. Looking forward to one of you message's with quotes that you can twist and bend pick apart and put your own spin on good work. High five it's nice.
-
Time to stir things up a bit.
Looking good Nice work
-
What your corals do at night LOL!
very nice im going to be up to watch the f1 tonight will have to take a look
-
Time to stir things up a bit.
"Hi Ben How is the extra lighting going? Have you found it has given better colour ? I'm thinking about t5 lights but there are some other bits and pieces I also need to prioritise, top off etc. " you have some serous lighting going on
-
Out with the acro's in with the LPS!
No disrespect but better than Sps mmmm :roll: guess its like art work we all like different things I love Sps :bounce: When you get the colour and big thick branches jackpot (Im still working on it)
-
Calcium Reactor Solution
Wasp do you run the tunze top up into a kalk dispenser or straight H20?
-
Calcium Reactor Solution
mmm food for thought Im just setting my reactor up :bounce: . What media are you useing? I need to get stabilaty into my systeem. do you run it into a Po4 removal media at the outfeed?
-
My New Toy :D and Ouchie !!!
Ive got no fish and get a good cup a day from my deltec love it ands its a old one
-
Another question for electro boffins
Thinking about a no fish in the tank approach just the inverts and corals I've got 16oooL of flow in there at the moment not bad for a 300L tank
-
Another question for electro boffins
Good Thinking we spend all this money on our tanks such a large investment. Some very good information here. http://www.wetwebmedia.com/poweroutagefaqs.htm Im sure I seen battery powered air pumps at HFF? Reef do the IKS or other computers have a function for power outage? Its a interesting subject But one of the best investments for a tanks well being is a quarantine tank, Why do I say this? Because I"ve just lost all my fish to MV This wont happen again. I hope everyone can learn from my lesson because when these things get in your tank it really to late. Sorry to get off topic
- so small
-
Dutch road trip
yep i run carbon 24 / 7 and rowaphos like reef said the water becomes crystal clear. I lisened to randy homes farley talk about ozone on podcast and he was saying when run in a skimmer the contact time is to short to kill all bacteria but it will clear the water , So im thinking of running a small pump on my old berlin skimmer maybe a slow loop? , Uv also clears the water to right? alot of the top tanks seem to run them both. I find myself wanting cleaner and cleaner water
-
Dutch road trip
Corret but you understand the role of bacteria layton, there is a high load on the system from the fish,It must be a good skimmer does it use UV or ozone? Hows your UV going? Ive just started with ozone and like the results so far no orp controler yet
-
Dutch road trip
Wow looks amazing not much rock must skim hard?
-
Protein skimmer issues
To raise ph dose Kalk at night works a treat like reef said Ph will naturaly drop at night. Im not sure of the effect of running kalk and a Ca reactor at night? Would it offset the Ph drop? also lighting your sump at night will raise ph
-
New Tank project
Wow looking good love the last shot and the regal looks a million bucks :bounce:
- New Tank project
- Goniopora
- Goniopora
-
Aquapods in NZ
Looks good depends what you want to keep. There are some other tanks that out there, I love the look of the red sea max http://www.red-sea-max.co.uk/ But not cheap but this hobby isnt. What are you looking at keeping ?
- Goniopora
-
Whats forums do you use?
Cant bet here for local stuff bit ive learnt alot from www.wetwebmedia.com Lots of good information so you can make your own mind up
-
Keen as to see some full tank shots ill show u minebutufirst
Thanks guys Me to!Theres so many ideas and equipment out there its amazing to see what works. Im on a budget so have slowly built the tank up over a few years even now im building a kalk reactor which i wil post in the diy after its been working for a month or two with good results I got the idea from the nano tank guys just supersized it. I sat down and wrote a mind map just a collation of things I wanted eg to use less power to have sun light, for it to be easy to work on and this works for me Wish i could get the colours of your tank is amazing . Im so impressed with the tanks on here so many fantastic ones. We know theres still some top tanks that havent posted yet come on guys let us see them
-
Keen as to see some full tank shots ill show u minebutufirst
Its all good i can control the water better as you can see in pics the water goes past skimmer passed bags , Phos ban etc then into the return pump. Used to go into the big box with a skimmer in it what a waste of time Im pulling half a cup a day was a cup for the first two weeks. Thats half a cup from a mandarine fish and corals(Dark tea not to wet or dry). Its all surface water wish i could put some sort of surface skimmer onto the intake pump think it could do better (Old style deltec) I was worried that people would think the equipment was ugly but when i ask them to be honest they all say they love being able to see it and see how it works.