Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Full tank shot thread

Featured Replies

hahaaa, classic.

pity this photo doesnt do it justice. i wish i wrote down what settings i had to get the shot closest to the naked eye! oh well :D

tankfull-051115.jpg

  • Replies 293
  • Views 37.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just going through ratemyfishtank.com - i have seen at least half a dozen tanks in nzl that would beat the top 10. so who's going to be the first to put some GOOD nzl reef tanks up?!

Since everyone's taking pics from the left side...:) Just took this one a minute ago.

marinetank3.jpg

Pain in the but patch of algae on the left hand side, rock's too close to the front off the tank to get the algae magnet at it.:(

  • Author

oh and someone needs to get over to Joeblogs house and take a pic or two

ira i feel your pain with the rocks being too close to the glass, that is one of the prerequisites for my aquascaping

Here's mine. Pic is a reasonably fair likeness although a little over exposed.

There is around 80 x flow, via the stream, HOB skimmer & sump return. Part of the sump return can't be seen but it blasts straight down the back to blow detritus to the front for syphoning, and the piece of alkathene pipe on the left is the rest of the return (I said it was budget) :D

One interesting thing, notice the coraline growth on the wall opposite the stream. That's how to get coraline, if a pump is blasting on something, that's where it will grow.

I'm finding the tank a little small, (but don't we all? :lol: ), and due to my sloppy design skills it's klutzed up with equipment both inside and out, so will be upgrading but I'm still mulling over just how to do it. At this stage I'm planning on going sumpless, as energy efficient as possible, and to get away from the crowded type look.

The existing corals are growing well so hoping to have some nice big feature type ones, and pretty minimal on the rock. Would also like to somehow design a lower flow and light area for softies, I miss my mushies and similar I used to have.

tank.jpg

Actually less softies, but my colt has grown heaps, same with my yellow tonga. Have only added a xenia and gorgonian (the gorgonian is doing really great aswell)

Cool ben...can you get a decent shot of the gorgonian?

Since everyone's taking pics from the left side...:) Just took this one a minute ago.

marinetank3.jpg

Pain in the but patch of algae on the left hand side, rock's too close to the front off the tank to get the algae magnet at it.:(

Hey Ira, are you using "Seachem Reef builder" by any chance?

Yes agree, the tank is just too small to allow much skope for proper aquascaping, that's one reason I'm moving up.

Also I must say your own tank is maturing nicely Chimera, I used to think it looked a bit stark, but now it's getting that natural reef type look, very nice.

And Tom Gunner, way to go, I love it!

And everybody else, they are all cool tanks. Knowing how hard it can be to photograph i can only imagine how nice they must look in person.

Not a dud in the thread. Umm, well Feelers - what to say? :lol: :lol:

I just feel sorry for the 1 / 10 people with tanks rated worse than mine!!:D

Its good to see peoples tanks after only hearing about whats been happening to them.

Pies wheres you tank?

Oh yeah as a random question after seeing the nuts coraline algae growth on iras rocks - (reminds me of that shrine to coraline thing) I was wondering what will happen to the rocks in my tank if I only use LED (ie "not real") lighting?

Hey Ira, are you using "Seachem Reef builder" by any chance?

Nope, why? All I'm really dosing at the moment is kalk and I've just started with a bit of magnesium.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.