October 26, 200520 yr comment_71856 I have never seen ANY streams in any shops! Tell us who has them please I guess that’s an issue that you need to discuss with your LFS. Report
October 26, 200520 yr comment_71887 I guess that’s an issue that you need to discuss with your LFS so they do or they dont stock them? was a pretty simple question? i thought the least they would do is have brochures in their "pumps" section advertising that they CAN sell streams. Report
October 26, 200520 yr comment_71889 So are Eheim in a different league of their own, compared to Stream? Because I've ordered the 1250 for my returns. Oh, maybe you guys are talking about powerheads as apposed to pumps? I'm sure I've seen the Stream brand. Either at Jansens or Hollywood or Pet Barn (Lincoln Rd, Henderson). Can't remember which one. Report
October 26, 200520 yr comment_71891 Stream is a type of pump, not a brand. Stream pumps give a broad low pressure flow designed to add current to a tank. The ehiem (one of the best brands) type pumps have narrow high pressure flow and are designed for returns, closed loops, supplying equipment etc. Report
October 26, 200520 yr comment_71899 The Streams are power heads. Ehiem pumps are AWESOME. I use about 5 on my system for closed loop and running equipment, and Tunze Streams for additional in-tank circulation. Pie Report
November 1, 200520 yr comment_72752 so they do or they dont stock them? was a pretty simple question? i thought the least they would do is have brochures in their "pumps" section advertising that they CAN sell streams. Never seen a price list that has Streams on it. Would like to see one.... Report
November 2, 200520 yr comment_72856 has ANYONE actually had a seio running properly ie with the water inlets fully open? i just had a 620 replaced withg an 820 (cheers mike:) but it does the exact same impellor-rattle when you try to run it set on full. i can make it stop by blocking the outlet with my hand - the backpressure seems to push the blades back enough to stop wobbling. works fine set to "low", but they should work on full shouldnt they? Report
November 2, 200520 yr comment_72857 I run over 11 Seio's on diff tanks & they all are on full with no probs Report
November 2, 200520 yr comment_72858 You'll be selling soon, 2 children....... I'll buy your Tunzes and those horrible purple acros off you.... I've got 2 620 seios that have run on full since i got them without a problem. Report
November 2, 200520 yr comment_72860 I have been runing an 820 for around 6 months, on a timer turning on/off every 15 minutes, has a very brief rattle at startup, never not started. Report
November 2, 200520 yr comment_72862 ha ha PP everythings ALWAYS for sale I even offered the tank to a guy the other day Report
November 2, 200520 yr comment_72878 has ANYONE actually had a seio running properly ie with the water inlets fully open? No, i cant run the 1100 fully open either, even the flow from the 1100 is pretty poor. Will take them back and try another lot. Do the 620 even put out any flow? Report
November 2, 200520 yr comment_72884 No none -we just put them in our tanks for aesthetics ( means good looks) Report
November 2, 200520 yr comment_72893 They certainly look nicer than that Tunze rubbish... maybe they do, but at least the tunze work 99.9% of the time, not at 50% ratio. Report
November 2, 200520 yr comment_72955 My 1100 rattled and had a constant hum when it was new, but now it is quiet and runs well, it has a 2 second rattle when it starts up but other than that I can't complain. Report
November 2, 200520 yr comment_72961 well you think you got problems, i have got a laguna powerjet 5000 and that seems to hum all the time or vibrate one of the two Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.