Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Seio bashers

Featured Replies

Hey heres a hint

I used to smash one of mine to get it going. Like a angry monkey!!!!!

I started to think that the damage to pump and rock walls was major.. plus sticking the thing back onto the tank.

I was watching a doco on apes and tools and went thats the trick

HINT get a 10cm long stick, I use a wooden one (electricity non-conductor) and flick the blue implear at the front of the power head it starts every time.

I thin with this trick they are way more user friendly. plus super low power consumption. enjoy

  • Replies 63
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my seio 1500 arrived yesterday. I haven't needed to use the stick yet.

But man was I a little disappointed. I really wasn't expecting much for $140, but was hopeful that I might be surprised by them.

Surprised I was. These things are huge! People wine about streams taking up a lot of room, but the seios are massive.

Then the flow from them. Meant to be around 6000 L/hr, but just feels quite limp.

It just confirms for me what good value streams really are. Personally I wouldn't waste my time with these.

Looks like it'll be good for mixing salt though.

Layton

Yep The 1500 is a big beast the other ones are smaller, still a lot cheaper than streams tho

How can you compare them with streams, seios are cheap power heads, not even close to a controllable stream.

Many hobbyists are not aware that there are two types of streams, controllable and standard; the best are the controllable as you can mimic the water movement from the ocean.

When comparing products you need to take and look at the total specs,. A 1500 seio is about the same specs as the non controllable stream 6060.

The 6060 stream moves more water and cost only about $70 more, so for the cost difference the streams is better value as it moves more water and far superior quality.

Hollywood fish farm have already returned a number of seios are they were not working, just shows you the quality of the two products.

Nothing wrong with seios if you want something cheap for a sort term.

  • 2 weeks later...
Nothing wrong with seios if you want something cheap for a sort term

how i regret saying this.

Got my first seio today. What a peace of Crap.

The thing wont start and when it does it makes a rattling noise,

I think some reef keepers said they were a stream alternative. I serious doubt it.

Has to be the worst purchase in the last 5 years.

Are there any stores in NZ that stock streams and controllers?

Seio's may have there problems (had 1 out of six returned) but they are easy for shops to get. People like cheap. For example, cheap Aqua One/Jebo heaters would out sell Jager by at least 10 to 1.

Are there any stores in NZ that stock streams and controllers?

there are a number of stores that stock streams., but stock is limited as like you said people want cheap so that is what they get.

I installed two and both dont work, maybe i was unlucky.

i just got a seio 620 (before reading this thread :P ). the impellor rattled like hell the first few times i plugged it in, had to shake it to get it running smooth. even though its the smallest one, it seems quite big for the amount of current that it produces. seems to be going ok now though *touches wood*

I have never seen ANY streams in any shops! Tell us who has them please :D

Organisms and Critter Kingdom have stocked them, and may still do so. When I bought mine (four 6100's), there wasn't a shop that had any, but I was still able to get them pretty quickly and easily.

The best purchase that I've ever made for my tank, but also the most expensive.

Not wanting to fuel the debate, but I have had 2 of my Streams running for over 2.5 years now, not a single issue.

I don't like the Streams, in that I hate seeing them and wish I had a better way to stealth them, but from a functional point of view, impossible to beat. I run 3 in my tank currently. Mind you, if you spend that kinda of money maybee you want people to see them, be the most expensive thing in the tank by a long way...

Pie

be the most expensive thing in the tank by a long way...

I thought the rock would be the most expensive .

they are large , the new vortech will be smaller but will cost more.

When did you say that you expect those be available? What are the specs? Are they quite similar to the Tunze in performance, but just less obtrusive?

Steve

they are less obtrusive, specs are the same as the streams. However will depend on the US dollar, not available until next year,

I have 3 M820's and all run fine, infact theayve been one of my best purchases. Though as soon as my wife has finished med school i'll be hitting her up for a nice new set of streams for sure.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.