Fish Study

Warren

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have about 100 submissions. It's a pretty poor response really. I'm thankful to everyone who has participated but it would seem there are a lot of people out there who don't care whether thay have access to fish in the future or not. I have the names of everyone who has participated and if I see anyone complaining about having a poor range of species after the new list is active, don't expect a nice comment to your complaint. :evil:

It would appear the message just hasn't got through...

100 species out of 4200 target species is a pretty poor response. There's just over a week left to go so everyone else who's done nothing to date, get off your butt's, take some photo's and submit them on the official form!!!!!!!

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/letter/

I didn't see the News article you mention so sorry, I can't comment.

Come on all you fish keepers out there.

Mystic and I have submitted a few of our fish, and intend on doing more this week, but we need more people to help and take ownership of thier fish by filling in the form and taking a photo of the fish and getting these forms to either warren or your club pres.

We need to ensure we capture te entire load of fish in new zealand, otherwise we will be stuck with a small selection of fish, and then breeding for the hobbie will be great, but you won't be able to move the young on due to a small selection of fish available in NZ.

NOT to mention the limited viewing pleasure we will have in our own personal aquariums at home. We will all have the same fish and visiting other members tanks ( and homes) will lose it's appeal due to us all having the same fish.

I repeat, we now need everyone to play thier part where pssible and get these forms filled out, and into Warren's hot little hands as soon as we can.

I'm not sure, but think we have one week, thats right ONE WEEK left to get this done.

Come on guys, show us your dedication to the hobby.

Thanks B

Mystic and I have submitted a few of our fish, and intend on doing more this week, but we need more people to help and take ownership of thier fish by filling in the form and taking a photo of the fish and getting these forms to either warren or your club pres.

Thanks for the support Ballistic but please don't send the photo's (and CD's if your pictures are Black and White) to your club president. Send all information to me. :D

Just one point I'd like to make regarding everyone asking for a fish reference from a book, if you haven't seen the page yourself, and there is a misidentification, there is a good chance MAF will say sorry, can't accept your fish.

To get around this, try the following....

I required a book reference for the Golden Red Eye Pleco, there is no picture in the All L numbers book I have, I checked on Planet catfish Forums and someone gave me the following.

Page 8 of TFH/Geis' "The Guide to owning Catfish" ISBN = 0-793-80353-5

To check this, I went to Amazon.com, they have put together a online book ordering system, where you can buy single pages, chapters or whole book in electronic format. If you get reference numbers from someone, go to amazon and look for the ISBN number in their book section and view an excerpt, you might be able to see the page you have been referred to, that way you can check the book reference yourself to make sure that they are a definite match. Not sure if every book ever written is there, but you can always check on the offchance.

I just checked amazon myself for the above reference and I viewed page 8 and yep, its there alright :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0793803 ... eader-page

if you got references from someone off the boards, please do this to ensure that your fish have been IDed correctly.

there are a few doing all they can to help with this and good on you all ,but i just noticed there 1450 members on this site , 1450 people who bothered to find this place and sign up to look learn and more than likely be helped by others , if they all did 3 pictures each imagime !! all would be done! makes you think huh

If Warren has only got 100 ID's in with less than a week to go we should all be ashamed :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry:

Right, well suite yourself then.

no skin off my nose.

Shae

Shae , what a great attitude , its people thinking like you that will kill the hobby in new zealand, hope it makes you feel good, others have been bending over backwards to do as much as they can to help, why not you ?

Heck, just offered to help, and was just told its prolly too late!

Im sorry, But i have a life!

Im sure we all appreciate your contributions and those who have helped aswell. So lets not turn this into a debate about who's done what, yeah? Cause i know there are alot of Hobbyists in New Zealand who have done zilch aswell

Personally Billaney, i think an easy going attitude is great.

People like me kill the hobby? are you refferring to my efforts? well then there are alot of people like me isnt there :roll: As far as my feelings go, im feeling right dandy thanks, how about you?

Cheers Shae :)

Heck, just offered to help, and was just told its prolly too late!

Im sorry, But i have a life!

Im sure we all appreciate your contributions and those who have helped aswell. So lets not turn this into a debate about who's done what, yeah? Cause i know there are alot of Hobbyists in New Zealand who have done zilch aswell

Personally Billaney, i think an easy going attitude is great.

People like me kill the hobby? are you refferring to my efforts? well then there are alot of people like me isnt there :roll: As far as my feelings go, im feeling right dandy thanks, how about you?

Cheers Shae :)

I'm glad you have a life Shae it will give you something to fill your time in with when you can no longer get the fish you want, sometimes sacrafices have to be made by individuals to help others , this was a chance to do that for not only the current fishkeepers but for the generations to come. And as for my feeling I'm feeling very tired after putting in at least three 1am finishes but i also feel happy knowing i have done my bit.

What dissappoints me the most is that people have found the time to visit the forums and make posts still yet they ( judging by the amount of forms warren has) haven't been able to find the time or sacrifice the forum visit, to fill in some forms and help us all keep a diverse range of livestock for our tanks.

This is not aimed at anyone in particular, it is a generalisation, and if you have filled forms in please get them to Warren ASAP and do not take this personally.

B