Tank Upgrade Photos

Fay

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the Atlantic blue tang has settled in well, going in out of caves and eating well, but today I have noticed a bit of white spot coming. :(

Tested my water:

21/01/2006 Phosphates 0 Nitrates 5 Calcium 440 Magnesium 1250 Kh 7 Ph 8.3 S/Gravity 1.025

Nitrates spiked a bit due for a water change.

On the brighter side before I got my tang I moved one of my anemones from the cube tank back into the main tank because the Clark Clown was being a bitch and not letting them open.

Has worked a treat the anemone has opened up and looking great it has the potential to be a beauty. Surprised that the Maroons are sharing themselves between the two Anemones when they have such a big Anemone.

It meant shifting the green Monti down the other end seems to like the move grown lots got little branches growing.

Hoping this white spot is going to be mild or I will have a fit.

Well that Tang eats raw crushed garlic :o

He is so fast I can hardly see if he has got spots "but believe is or not he is looking better today" or at least they aren't getting worse yet.

Keeping my fingers crossed, I have been watching him like a hawk for white spot seen Tangs are renowned for it.

Atlantic Blue Tang looking good today hardly a trace of white spots all other fish OK.

For those that don't believe in garlic I do the trick is to get onto it at first signs and don't miss a day’s treatment and only use freshly crushed garlic,

I will continue treatment for about six weeks, or until all signs have been gone for a couple of weeks.

I treated my black saddleback clowns this way.

• 2 months later...

Well had an oops on Sunday;

Decided to make a few changes in the main tank I was moving the big rock the big anemone is on and didn't know he was also anchored to another big rock which fell down and riped him :(

He packed a complete sad and I had trouble getting him to stick on again kept ending up on the sand :o

Tuesday I managed to make it comfortable but it is still very sick :( I do think it will pull through.

Any how I am really pleased with the rock work for now.

Will take some more photos when the anemone picks up a bit.

Never know you might end up with two, I had one go through my closed loop intake and the two largest chunks have survived and are looking good now. I wish now I had left the other small bits in, I vacuumed them out in a panic thinking they might pollute the tank.

Suphew, (without hijacking fay's thread) got a link for how you designed your closed loop. Just thinking about best design, especially where/how to situate intake in my possible new tank. I love anemones so want to avoid intake issues etc as much as possible...