Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Tank Upgrade Photos

Featured Replies

  • Replies 361
  • Views 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Home from holiday tanks did good while I was away (14days) H crispa anemone had moved and killed one of my few sps corals in the main tank.

I had taken some rock out of the cube tank before I went and have ended up with bad cyno on the sand where it had been.

Colours stayed reasonable but as soon as I dosed again with reefbooster (which I didn’t get Teina to add anything apart from a bit of kalk in the top up twice)

I notice a difference to the colours.

All test stayed within range which was good

Nitrate I have got down to 15 which stayed stable while away.

Phosphates stayed stable on 0.01

I have decided to start dosing biodigest to see if I can reduce nitrates a bit more and try and kick the cyno in the butt.

It has taken a bit of effort to get the H cripsa in the correct position for flow because it is down the end with the streams seems to have settled now.

Everything else looking pretty good my green hammer coral top for growth.

Looks pretty cool even with the cyano.

Nice to see each and every coral looking so healthy!

Love the yellow sarcophyton, let it grow some more it will be a stunner! :D

  • Author

e1b27f5a.jpg

Main Tank

2385e78e.jpg

Clark Clowns in H crispa

3aa5b792.jpg

Boy my Atlantic blue tang is getting big!!

cba1c880.jpg

Hammer doing well

6096d22e.jpg

Great PE

4e530f9d.jpg

Six line talking to me he turns from side to side at me

0a9e00f2.jpg

Love the mushies

c077bd7f.jpg

One of my few sps seems to be growing

f8633531.jpg

Had this one for years

10a2c7e7.jpg

Torch

16dc2c24.jpg

Bubble coral

b0f67d3f.jpg

Midas Blenny

42688576.jpg

Nemos in H crispa

9d4ac3bd.jpg

Maroons hiding

ed02e142.jpg

Sand or rock flower Anemones

652e7505.jpg

More Mushies

0090c5b1.jpg

Torch

massive :hail:

stunning, :hail:

beautiful, :bow:

have you ever had issues with all those clowns in the same tank?

:o

  • Author

Thanks for the lovely comments it’s nice to get a pat now and then :D

have you ever had issues with all those clowns in the same tank?

In the beginning I had issues that’s why we built the cube, but since we have upgraded with a bit more room they have learnt to live together.

i.e.: Maroons keep Clarks down their end with a reminder every now and then where the boundaries are.

The thing that tickles my fancy is the Nemos give mamma maroon the flick if she goes to close even thou she is massive compared to them it is amazing that they live in peace so close, before I rearrange the nemos anemone both anemones were nearly touching. :o

I was up to 1.30am last night cleaning the cube, blowing every thing with a power head and rearranging the stream to see if that makes a difference to the cyno.

Made some finishing touches to the rocks by the Nemos in the main tank.

The thing with photos it gives you the faults to design in the rock work etc.

  • Author
How long have you been going? (with a marine tank that is! )

Nearly five years I think I will have to ask Frogs mother how old she is I got into fish tank on her 70th birthday :D I remember taking her out to lunch with the rest for the family and then heading to the local fish shop because my son got me inspired he is into fresh water that's what I started with then progressed to salt six months later :D

  • Author

Just worked it out 4years this October bloody hell that means I must have upgraded every year since I started :o

Thought it would have been longer than that!!

Must put up a photo of my first tank. :D

  • Author
I'll book u in for an upgrade next year then

ha ha I am on a no spend!! Going to get that overdraft under control this year!! :(

I had already decided I have spent enough, now looking at what I have done in under four years I can see why the overdraft is out of control. :o

But if we win lotto I can think of heaps I could do e.g. turn the cube into a sps only tank, make the main tank 2.7 by 1mtr. di da di da di da :lol: There is no limit to my dreams :wink:

  • Author

4e530f9d.jpg

My sixline was in perfect health and now I can't find him :(

I am worried about my big bristle star does anyone know if they eat live fish?

I had this little guy for quite some time so pretty up set, he use to show off for me

  • Author

Yes I checked behind on top and everywhere no sign :( I have bracing to stop jumping on this tank and haven't had a problem.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.