glass vs plastic?

Dodgy Guy

Except that they used cm as a unit. Cm is not an official engineering unit and is the pet-hate of most engineers. I wish people would use proper units, namely mm, m and km...

If we are going to use cm, we may as well use dm as well, making your average 250-300L tank about 12x5x5 dm.

actually I used feet for a unit ;)

which from Alan's point of view probably makes him happy, and other people in the whole aquarium business are used to the units

I could have said 1220x600x600.. but it's less fun :)

Damn, that's even worse, - heard of the metric system?? 8)

Oops, looks like you have...

I am always confused with mm so I always use cm and I have no idea how many cms make a ft or how many mm make a foot so apart from cms and inches on my tape measure I just use the cms lol.

But I was never one to pass maths at school so... yeah lol

Approx 304.8mm in a foot or

30.4cm (if you must use cm) or

0.3048m in a foot

which works out to approx 25.4mm in an inch.

Interstingly as we are talking about metric / inperial; I went to Subway recently and the young fellow behind the couter asked my what size sub I wanted. I said a twelve inch, - he replied, sorry we only do a 6 inch or a foot-long...

It would seem today's young people know little about imperial measurements.

• 2 weeks later...

We have paid $75 AUD each for two 6mm glass 122x46x46cm or 4x1.5x1.5 ft, 250L tanks. We also had a wood stand made up so one sits on top of the other with none of the front of the tank hidden (will have pictures soon).

By the way, I'm 23yo and I can use both metric and imperial messurements, as I am a keen Radio control Plane enthusiast, and we use both systems of messurement (weird I know).