May 22, 201511 yr comment_561188 Does everyone know where can I get some freshwater shrimp from Auckland? Big thanks Report
September 13, 201511 yr comment_563632 Wellington: Visited Korokoro Stream @ night recently (entrance off Cornish Street) and it took only a few minutes with a torch to find them (eyes reflect like little cats eyes do in the dark) Report
November 19, 201510 yr comment_565031 They should have them at Hollywood fish farm in Auckland Report
November 19, 201510 yr comment_565034 They should have them at Hollywood fish farm in AucklandHi VINZ!The only freshwater shrimp we have in New Zealand are natives, so it's illegal to sell them. So the only way to acquire them is by catching them! - Dev Report
November 19, 201510 yr comment_565037 If u have access to a stream I reckon catching some would be pretty funHi VINZ!The only freshwater shrimp we have in New Zealand are natives, so it's illegal to sell them. So the only way to acquire them is by catching them! - Dev Report
November 20, 201510 yr comment_565060 I am sure you could find some in the Motueka Nelson area jackypukeko. Go and have a look in local rivers and streams. I know I have seen them in Marlborough. Used to catch them at Onamalutu. Report
November 21, 201510 yr comment_565096 Behind Auckland Zoo.When you say behind the Zoo, is it in the huge lake or the small pond? The pond right behind the zoo in Western springs is quite yuck tbh... Report
November 24, 201510 yr comment_565177 I would think Liam means behind - the lake in western springs itself is home to the pest bullhead catfish and eels but I believe it is also illegal to remove anything from it and probably anything else within the Western Springs 'park' area. Report
November 24, 201510 yr comment_565189 I mean the stream that runs out from zoo on the old mill road side of the zoo and runs along/around Seddon Fields. Report
November 26, 201510 yr comment_565230 So can you just go there, bring a net and bring home some freshwater shrimp for the tank? Report
November 26, 201510 yr comment_565242 As long as you are not on private property, I guess so. That's how others do it. Remember though that freshwater shrimp are not tropicals and do require careful acclimation to the tank. Report
December 8, 201510 yr comment_565503 Also, does anyone know if it's possible get the shrimps at the Henderson Creek? Thinking about the place where it ends near The Falls restaurant.Thanks all. Report
December 8, 201510 yr comment_565515 If it's weedy and not concreted then propobly though I have found shrimp in two forest streams Report
December 8, 201510 yr comment_565519 I've also found them in one stony stream Edited December 8, 201510 yr by Benjansss Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.