Everything posted by alienara2
-
Free/Trade Indian fern
Are the indian fern still available by any chance?
-
Free Rescue Fish - Pearl Gourami, 3 Zebra Loaches, Central Auckland
Happy to pick the up tmrw if it suits.
-
Wtb Indian fern whangarei
Let me know if you still need any. I've got quite a bit here. Am in Auckland =)
-
kuhli loach, Auckland
Saw Animates doing a special - $6.50 each. But if there are any breeders out there, I'd be interested too.
-
I'm stumped! Nitrates??`
This was my experience a few months ago... until I was told that I had to shake the test bottles until my arms were sore. Something about crystals having to break up before it could test properly. Now, if you're having 0 nitrates, it could be 1. The cycle isn't complete and you're still going from ammonia to nitrite, but the bacteria colony for nitrite to nitrate isn't sufficient yet. 2. The test may not be accurate (not shaken enough or potentially expired tests?) 3. If doing huge water changes and water is not dechlorinated, it may be causing the bacteria in the filter and tank to die, hence restarting or delaying the cycle. Personally I use water straight from the tap when doing water changes but I only do 15%-20% at the very most so it's usually diluted enough that the bacteria aren't too adversely affected.
-
Sterbai Corydora Breeding Log
Sounds like a plan mate. My tank has fairly large gravel but all rounded with no sharp edges and the coolie loaches enjoy digging into them whenever I see them in the morning. Hopefully they don't compete too much for the food if I do decide to get cories =D.
-
Sterbai Corydora Breeding Log
Hey JJ, hopefully it goes well with the breeding! Will be looking to you for cories in the future =)
-
WTB Dwarf Hairgrass - Akld
Happy to pay for postage if anyone has them.
-
Sometimes I wonder if I have too much current...
Watching videos like these make me 100% sure that I don't want a pleco lol.... they'll probably outgrow my tank >.<
-
Big bunch of hygro and ambulia
PMed you about it Benjanss
-
WTB Dwarf Hairgrass - Akld
Does anyone have them? I'm thinking about using it to carpet a 200l tank that's 900mm long. Thanks!
-
URGENT - Help required - potentially leaking tank
Thanks to the power of Google and help here =)
-
URGENT - Help required - potentially leaking tank
Alright so quick update, have removed all the gravel from the tank, took it outside and cleaned it up. Doesn't look like there's any visible cracks. Filled it with water to see where the leak is even though I have a suspicions where it is. Water seeps out real slow so it might be a small hole in the sealant? Another lesson, never use soil in an aquarium.... fking mess it is...
-
URGENT - Help required - potentially leaking tank
hoping that it's a sealant problem... fingers crossed... >.<
-
URGENT - Help required - potentially leaking tank
Good call, emptying it right now but I need more buckets dammit.... If I find the crack, what can I do?
-
URGENT - Help required - potentially leaking tank
Hey living, it seems to be coming from under the tank from what I can tell. It has plastic surround on the top and at the bottom. Trying to get a photo of it to send. Have cleared out the tank of the guppies and kuhli loaches... freaking kuhlis take forever to catch. Placed the guppies in a 60l and the kuhlis in a bucket for the time being.
-
URGENT - Help required - potentially leaking tank
Hey guys, So I just noticed that on the left corner where my tank meets the stand, water is gathering. Placed newspaper under it and it's constantly being wet. Now it doesn't seem like the water is gushing out or anything like that and if I leave it alone it might be okay. I need some advice, it's a 200l tank. What should I do? Thanks
-
FS - Starter Daphnia & Microworm Cultures
Hey all, When I first started fish keeping, I tried to get starter cultures for daphnia and microworms here but didn't see anyone who had any. After getting some from Trademe, the cultures are growing and multiplying quite well so if anyone wants a starter culture, I'm happy to provide some assistance in this area for a fair price / trade. I live in West Auckland and work in the CBD so pick up in either or these places work for me. Don't think I'd want to ship due to weight and the culture not surviving. Thanks!
-
Golden guppies
Thanks Jasa! I'll try to get a photo of them but from the 2 photos they look like the left one except more orange.
-
Golden guppies
I've got a few of these guppies that seem to shine golden when the light is on them. Even as fry you could tell the difference between them and other fish. Are these what they call blonds?
-
Grindal Worm / White worm starter culture for Microworms? Akld
Yes please, have messaged you.
-
My not so new tank
Finally got to put up a photo of the tank. Water colour is funky due to tannin... Those blurry bits you see are most probably the guppies darting around.
- White worm starter
-
Tubifex worms
Thanks guys, I don't really have another tank nor do I have the necessary equipment to upkeep tubifex like another pump and heater. Hence thinking of something easy like whiteworms or grindals. I've got quite a number of microworm cultures going right now and they are easy as heck... I don't even get my hands dirty when feeding them to the fish =D
-
Grindal Worm / White worm starter culture for Microworms? Akld
If not Grindal then whiteworms are fine too