Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

alienara2

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation Activity

  1. Like
    alienara2 got a reaction from camtang in guppies post your pics   
    I move to change the topic here to "Photos of JaSa's guppies"... Gosh they look magnificent!!!
  2. Like
    alienara2 got a reaction from alexyay in I'm stumped! Nitrates??`   
    This was my experience a few months ago... until I was told that I had to shake the test bottles until my arms were sore. Something about crystals having to break up before it could test properly.
    Now, if you're having 0 nitrates, it could be 
    1. The cycle isn't complete and you're still going from ammonia to nitrite, but the bacteria colony for nitrite to nitrate isn't sufficient yet.
    2. The test may not be accurate (not shaken enough or potentially expired tests?)
    3. If doing huge water changes and water is not dechlorinated, it may be causing the bacteria in the filter and tank to die, hence restarting or delaying the cycle.
    Personally I use water straight from the tap when doing water changes but I only do 15%-20% at the very most so it's usually diluted enough that the bacteria aren't too adversely affected.
  3. Like
    alienara2 got a reaction from JJWooble in Sterbai Corydora Breeding Log   
    Sounds like a plan mate. My tank has fairly large gravel but all rounded with no sharp edges and the coolie loaches enjoy digging into them whenever I see them in the morning. Hopefully they don't compete too much for the food if I do decide to get cories =D.
  4. Like
    alienara2 got a reaction from Rubymagz in My not so new tank   
    Finally got to put up a photo of the tank. 
    Water colour is funky due to tannin... Those blurry bits you see are most probably the guppies darting around. 

  5. Like
    alienara2 got a reaction from Caryl in Is this possible / plausible? 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 0 nitrate   
    Coming from Caryl's aquarium, must be
    Only issue is I bought a bunch of other plants and ended up with ramshorns in my tank now haha... makes it look a little more natural I guess. 
    Also my tank seems to have a greenish hue to it. Don't know if it's algae or just due to the plants. I'm gonna say it's the plants coz it's so awesome and superior huh Caryl? =p
  6. Like
    I could be wrong but I understood that double glazed windows had a vacuum between the glass to avoid convection currents of air.
  7. Like
    alienara2 got a reaction from VINZ FISH in Hey! I'm a new member!   
    Welcome Vinz! My love for fish started when I was around your age too and it has never subsided. You'll find awesome people here and great information to help you get the most out of your passion.
    All the best!
  8. Like
    alienara2 reacted to Caryl in Starting up a new tank after more than 10 years   
    When someone mentions oxygen plants, I automatically think coldwater oxygen weed.
    It is somewhere between $12 - $15  usually to post to Auckland. I can offer rotala, Java moss and crypts.
  9. Like
    alienara2 reacted to markvs in Guppy fry   
    guppy fry, is that like white bait fritters?
    :happy1:
  10. Like
    alienara2 reacted to Caryl in Starting up a new tank after more than 10 years   
    I have no idea about using garden soil but am happy to send plants as long as you pay the postage.
  11. Like
    alienara2 got a reaction from Caryl in Rotala submersed and emersed difference   
    hot dang caryl, that's a beautiful tank.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.