Dechlorinator questions ("Poll")

alexyay

Hiya, I have a simple poll to fill out to hopefully satisfy my curiosity/confusion.

* Required fields

- Does your water contain chlorine?*

- Do you use a dechlorinator?*

- Do you know where your water comes from, if so do you know the average levels (eg residual chlorine) in your water supply?

(EG. Mine comes from Ardmore and Waikato, and according to the 2013 Water Report their averages are, in mg/L, 1.10, 0.95 and 0.97)

- How old is your tank?

- Does your use of dechlorinator change based on the "maturity" of the tank?

That is all for now :)

Answer here?

Does your water contain chlorine?* Yes

- Do you use a dechlorinator?* Tank 1 yes, Tank 2 no

- Do you know where your water comes from, if so do you know the average levels (eg residual chlorine) in your water supply?

(EG. Mine comes from Ardmore and Waikato, and according to the 2013 Water Report their averages are, in mg/L, 1.10, 0.95 and 0.97)

Waikato (other sources unknown), average levels not known

- How old is your tank? Tank 1 - 3 years, Tank 2 - 5 months

- Does your use of dechlorinator change based on the "maturity" of the tank? No

* Required fields

- Does your water contain chlorine?* No

- Do you use a dechlorinator?* No

- Do you know where your water comes from, The sky if so do you know the average levels (eg residual chlorine) in your water supply? 97% water, 2%leaves, 1% bug guts

- How old is your tank? Approx 12 years

- Does your water contain chlorine? No.

- Do you use a dechlorinator? No.

Rain water, stored in plastic tank, nothing but pure H2O (and a few Manuka leaves, dust, and pollen).

- How old is your tank? ~18 months.

- Does your use of dechlorinator change based on the "maturity" of the tank? No.

When I was in Auckland...

- Does your water contain chlorine? Yes

- Do you use a dechlorinator? Yes, Seachem Prime.

- Do you know where your water comes from, if so do you know the average levels (eg residual chlorine) in your water supply? Hunua Ranges I believe (and Waikato river possibly?) East Auckland tap water anyway.

- How old is your tank? 3 years.

- Does your use of dechlorinator change based on the "maturity" of the tank? No.

- Does your water contain chlorine?*Yes

- Do you use a dechlorinator?*Yes, Prime. Better safe than sorry. Fish - priceless, Prime - mastercard

- Do you know where your water comes from, if so do you know the average levels (eg residual chlorine) in your water supply? No

- How old is your tank?new to 10 years +

Ron

- Does your water contain chlorine?* Yes

- Do you use a dechlorinator?* Yes/Prime

- Do you know where your water comes from, if so do you know the average levels (eg residual chlorine) in your water supply? Waitakere Dams and Waikato - no

- How old is your tank? 3 years +or-

Yes

No/sometimes/yes- I go through spurts of when I use it. (Prime)

Matai river and no. A few years back (10-15) the chlorine was so bad in Nelson water that you had to let your glass of water sit for about 5 minutes before you drunk it. It came out of the tap a bubbly gross fizzy milky white. But it has improved dramatically.

3 years to 3 weeks.

No.

- Does your water contain chlorine?* NO

- Do you use a dechlorinator?* NO

- Do you know where your water comes from, if so do you know the average levels (eg residual chlorine) in your water supply? ARTESIAN SUPPLY

- How old is your tank? 12 - 15 years +

- Does your use of dechlorinator change based on the "maturity" of the tank? N/A

- Does your water contain chlorine?NO

- Do you use a dechlorinator?No

The sky. 0

- Does your use of dechlorinator change based on the "maturity" of the tank?NO

- Does your water contain chlorine? YES

- Do you use a dechlorinator? Only for large water changes 50% + or after cleaning a filter

- Do you know where your water comes from, if so do you know the average levels (eg residual chlorine) in your water supply? NO

- How old is your tank? Range from 6 months to 5 years

- Does your use of dechlorinator change based on the "maturity" of the tank? NO

- Does your water contain chlorine?* Yes

- Do you use a dechlorinator?* Yes Seachem Prime

- Do you know where your water comes from, if so do you know the average levels (eg residual chlorine) in your water supply? Manukau supply no idea of chlorine level

- How old is your tank? 18 months