CrunchBangs Marine tank

#!CrunchBang

I've been building a marine tank since getting out of freshwater last year.

Main tank is 110L, sump is 60L. I built My own stand, light, overflow box, screen for the top, sump baffling. Return pump is and eheim compact 1000, 2 x 1000Lph wavemakers. A 55W and a 150W heater.

The light has 3 channels of 12 LEDs each for 36 total. A blue, a white and a mixed channel.

Next step is to add rock and water, then cycle and get some livestock

Tank with lights full

yGZazwp.jpg

Lights dimmed

9iLMuPZ.jpg

Side View

TR8pZJH.jpg

The light with cooling fans, and Stainless steel or Aluminium hardware

Y15twos.jpg

Top View

LLyxZ4F.jpg

Sump

R92kgoh.jpg

I think I would clad it as at the momnent the looks to be very little lateral support

Other than that looks nice and tidy

Yeah, agreed. Looks like it wouldn't take much to make it make it twist and fall over sideways. I'd at least put some plywood along the back, that would reinforce it hugely.

Stocking I was thinking, and subject to change:

2 x Clowns

1 x Sixline wrasse

1 x Goby/Blenny, something like a Golden Headed Sleeper or Orange-Spotted Prawn or Canary Blenny or Rainford's Goby

1 x Citron Goby

1 x Anemone

1 x Zoanthids

1 x Toadstool

1 x Xenia

Shrimp, snails, Hermit crabs, maybe a lobster, maybe a clam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So last Sunday it was all 0, so I set the tank up on Monday, and found the sump amplified and made more noise than desirable. So I removed the sump, stuck the skimmer, heater and an old internal filter with nothing in it in the tank where the overflow fitted.

Got a small Six line Wrasse and two little Ocellaris Clowns on Tuesday, and after a small spike in Nitrite(0.25ppm) where I did 3 10L water changes a day, it's was all back to 0 on friday. All is good in the tank so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it was a mix of ctenophores and cnidaria

So I got a diatom bloom, then hair algae. Hair algae is dying off and I have a phosphate remover in there.

My clowns have started fighting to determine dominance, the one with better black outlines looks like it's the more dominate one, restricting the others eating

Have a turbo snail and a lawnmower blenny also now. Next addition will hopefully be a BTA then some frags.

Would like to get some things like brittle stars and pods to live in there as CUC and food.

• 2 weeks later...