Fire Bellied Newts

search function should be helpful to you

basically need smallish secure tank with easy access in and out of water (ie driftwood).

coldwater too - under 20C

can feed fruit flies, or pinhead crickets, whiteworms, etc when young, otherwise easy care.. larger insects and frozen bloodworms once some size on.

What model tank is that .. even better where from? and is it sealed enough as is from shop ..

Very tidy. :hail:

Cheers, i got the tank of TM and the light came from TM by a pet shop down south. I had to cut the glass to make a nice fit.

I wouldn't recommend a mesh lid as you want to keep it quite humid.

Is a good photo. Maybe just take photos people post and enter them in the competition. Takes the big step of entering out of the too hard basket. As I don't always look in all forums, generally just click view new posts .. it would be neat to see the best pics from all over the forums in one place. Just an idea.

For a lid could I maybe put a piece of cardboard over and remove it when I wanted to do some cleaning and stuff? And what types of plants are good for Chinese fire bellies?

nope. cardboard and aquariums not a good mix. the newts can get out a hole the size of a pea when young. critter keeper type tanks vents are just small enough. Exo terra maybe ok but need to check around cord slots. Ok when have a bit of size on as have used them before.

I read that they are great escape artists.

if there is a hole they will find it. :thup:

I have large and small ones in separate exo terra enclosures. You need to make sure the areas where the wires go through are closed off. I feed wingless fruitflies and grindal worms to the morphed babies, brine shrimp nuplii and microworm to the unmorphed babies and frozen bloodworms, blackworms and wingless fruitflies to the adults.