July 27, 201412 yr comment_552852 I want to get some but I don't really know where to get them from and how to look after them! Help!!!! :bggrn: :bggrn: :bggrn: :bggrn: Report
July 28, 201412 yr comment_552870 search function should be helpful to you basically need smallish secure tank with easy access in and out of water (ie driftwood). coldwater too - under 20C can feed fruit flies, or pinhead crickets, whiteworms, etc when young, otherwise easy care.. larger insects and frozen bloodworms once some size on. Report
July 28, 201412 yr Author comment_552885 I read somewhere earthworms and grindal worms work... IS this true?>?? Report
July 28, 201412 yr comment_552886 grindals good for when tiny and i suppose earthworms could be ok for adult newts .. Report
July 28, 201412 yr comment_552887 Very Secure The below picture is before i lowered the water level, they are very clumsy at this stage. Report
July 28, 201412 yr comment_552892 What model tank is that .. even better where from? and is it sealed enough as is from shop .. Very tidy. Report
July 29, 201412 yr Author comment_552910 Will a mesh lid do??? If not... What could I do? Could I use my 9L betta home tank that I got from animates??? Report
July 29, 201412 yr comment_552912 What model tank is that .. even better where from? and is it sealed enough as is from shop .. Very tidy. Cheers, i got the tank of TM and the light came from TM by a pet shop down south. I had to cut the glass to make a nice fit. I wouldn't recommend a mesh lid as you want to keep it quite humid. Report
July 29, 201412 yr comment_552913 True looked to good to be off the shelf. I just keep young in critter keeper type plastic tanks. https://www.google.com/search?q=critter ... 87&dpr=0.9 Report
July 30, 201412 yr comment_552938 :cophot: How cool would that be if we only would have a photo competition on this forum were people could send in stunning pictures like this one. Wait a minute... Report
July 30, 201412 yr comment_552947 Is a good photo. Maybe just take photos people post and enter them in the competition. Takes the big step of entering out of the too hard basket. As I don't always look in all forums, generally just click view new posts .. it would be neat to see the best pics from all over the forums in one place. Just an idea. Report
July 30, 201412 yr comment_552949 How cool would that be if we only would have a photo competition on this forum were people could send in stunning pictures like this one. Wait a minute... Thanks for the compliment Report
July 30, 201412 yr Author comment_552960 For a lid could I maybe put a piece of cardboard over and remove it when I wanted to do some cleaning and stuff? And what types of plants are good for Chinese fire bellies? Report
July 30, 201412 yr comment_552963 For a lid could I maybe put a piece of cardboard over and remove it when I wanted to do some cleaning and stuff? And what types of plants are good for Chinese fire bellies? nope. cardboard and aquariums not a good mix. the newts can get out a hole the size of a pea when young. critter keeper type tanks vents are just small enough. Exo terra maybe ok but need to check around cord slots. Ok when have a bit of size on as have used them before. I read that they are great escape artists. if there is a hole they will find it. :thup: Report
July 30, 201412 yr comment_552971 I have large and small ones in separate exo terra enclosures. You need to make sure the areas where the wires go through are closed off. I feed wingless fruitflies and grindal worms to the morphed babies, brine shrimp nuplii and microworm to the unmorphed babies and frozen bloodworms, blackworms and wingless fruitflies to the adults. Report
July 30, 201412 yr Author comment_552974 Can I put a rim on the tank to stop them getting out? Report
August 2, 201412 yr Author comment_553045 what about a mesh? Iv'e measured it and Its smaller than the newts... Report
August 2, 201412 yr comment_553048 yeah nah yeah. depends how you install it at the end of the day. Report
August 2, 201412 yr comment_553059 Started a care sheet here, viewtopic.php?f=40&t=67682&p=717479#p717479 please add to or recommend changes. Report
August 3, 201412 yr Author comment_553071 I've literally taped the S*** out of the mesh so there is no gaps or anything!!!! I'll try and get a pic up soon. Also i have put lots of plants in... Report
August 3, 201412 yr comment_553075 easier with a $20 critter keeper from the shop .. too many plants and you wont see them making it hard to monitor if eating / growing etc. and if they escape you wont know. i've been trying to upload a pic to photobucket, for last couple of days, but keep getting upload fail. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.