My new toy

Ira

Cool. Shame you need to go very large in size and power to be able to comfortably carry a high res camera.

I got a walkera quad knock-off from china that would do flips. Was awesome fun and in a large open space like a football field it would get some serious speed on at full nana

Cool. Shame you need to go very large in size and power to be able to comfortably carry a high res camera.

I got a walkera quad knock-off from china that would do flips. Was awesome fun and in a large open space like a football field it would get some serious speed on at full nana

You don't need to go too big, even something in the 300mm range will carry a gopro without much trouble, you can build one including GPS for $100-150 US, not including the gopro, radio gear or lipos.

• 1 month later...
What you going to use it for? You some sort of high tech peeping tom?

That's tied for number 3 on the questions people always ask, after "How high can it go?", "What's it's range?" and "I'ma shoot it, hurr hurr."

Are they difficult to learn to fly if you have never used RC stuff before?

Yes. They're nowhere near as difficult to fly as a standard helicopter, or even a plane. But most people who haven't flown(Or driven) RC stuff seem to have absolutely no understanding of orientation. The couple times I've let relatives have a try with one of my planes went something like...

Ok, pull up a little

No up

Pull back on the stick

BACK

Ok, now push left a little

A little mo...NO your other left.

LEFT

LEEEEFGIVEMEIT

*Barely save plane from splattering*

Ok, let's try again.

But some time on a simulator usually gets people started without costing too many models.

I have an uncle who has flown helicopters and small planes for many years and was really frustrated when he got a helicopter simulation computer game and couldn't even get the helicopter off the ground :D

I have an uncle who has flown helicopters and small planes for many years and was really frustrated when he got a helicopter simulation computer game and couldn't even get the helicopter off the ground :D

Tell him to switch it to mode 1. He'll know what I mean. :slfg: