Show us your leos!!

reuben.a

Dragonz1833, since you seem to be the only person on here adequately qualified to make the judgement could you answer a few questions for me please?

1 What is the internationally recognised definition of a hi yellow leopard gecko?

2 Is it a yellow lizard with few black spots?

3 Is it a darker coloured yellow lizard that fades out to look like the rest--like Angela has for sale on trademe at present? (and no one seems to want to buy) I have bought these and they do fade out.

4 Is it like the gecko picture on the profile for Angela?

5 Is it just a somewhat meaningless term used by the person who originally bred leopard geckos?

Making derogatory remarks about other breeder's geckos will not improve the quality in New Zealand but doing some serious work on them will.

There are geckos being sold here and claiming to be all sorts of things but I guess if you show a picture of what you are selling then people can make their own judgement and buy it or not.

Dragonz1833, since you seem to be the only person on here adequately qualified to make the judgement could you answer a few questions for me please?

1 What is the internationally recognised definition of a hi yellow leopard gecko?

2 Is it a yellow lizard with few black spots?

3 Is it a darker coloured yellow lizard that fades out to look like the rest--like Angela has for sale on trademe at present? (and no one seems to want to buy) I have bought these and they do fade out.

4 Is it like the gecko picture on the profile for Angela?

5 Is it just a somewhat meaningless term used by the person who originally bred leopard geckos?

Making derogatory remarks about other breeder's geckos will not improve the quality in New Zealand but doing some serious work on them will.

There are geckos being sold here and claiming to be all sorts of things but I guess if you show a picture of what you are selling then people can make their own judgement and buy it or not.

i didnt say i was the only one but the rubbish being sold on trademe is seemly not hi yellow angelas geckos dont fade out as much as the other geckos and still produce very colourful hi yellows not faded out and turning normal

definition is off wiki leo is

A High Yellow Leopard Gecko shows a vast amount of yellow on its body with reduced black spotting

the one on trademe is actually a so called hi yellow jungle morph if we want to get technical

angelas profile pic is just a gecko nothing fancy at all

ill post pics of what my opinion is of a hi yellow once i figure out how to do that again

i have worked hard to try and produce the highest quality in colour and animals to get hi yellows and carefully selective breed the best i can find in new zealand for sale etc i hear alot of complaints for numerous ppl that why isnt my gecko bright like one i brought from alot of ppl

It is very difficult to tell how many spots a baby will have until it starts to convert to adult markings. My point was that because of the small gene pool in NZ it is quite possible that various new markings will pop up and good luck to those that work hard at it and arrive eventually at something new and spectacular. This will not be achieved by rubbishing everybody elses leps.

I bought a baby with dark yellow colouring to see if it would stay that way. It faded to look like a normal high yellow so I resold it. There are a few around that are starting to get differences such as the very light coloured one shown (pastel maybe), some with yellow in the tail rather than white and some with an orange tint. If these characteristics can be extended and fixed we may all have something good. Slagging everyone elses will not improve the quality of yours or theirs.