something like liquid nails but takes longer to dry

henward

i am looking for something like liquid nails.

i am gonna put someon the stand, mdf on top then poly and tank glass so it squashes it.

but cos im building the tank on site, i dont want the liquid nails to dry too quickly. i want it to squash properly, fully.

1) does liquid nail dry quickly?

2) any other suggestions of what to use?

Liquid nails is prolly your best bet, Ados is a contact and sticks instantly, Two pot resins are chemical so stick fast with in a few minutes, PVA takes a while but won't stick to metal. There's two methods of using liquid nails, 1) squirt it on one suface, chuck your top on, clamp it. Will take a while to cure but will stick within a few hrs. 2) squirt it on, place your top on, push it down and wiggle it around, pull it off and leave both surfaces to *touch* dry, then pop the top back on. It will *contact* stick instantly so you have to be quick and sure. For both methods you need a clean even spread of glue, not too many lumps and bumps or it won't compress properly. The second method is quite good as you can squish any lumps out to ensure a good contact and then when you stick it on the final time you just keep pushing until there's no gaps left.