Use up that spare space...

NoFishing

It always bugged me that the middle section of the Jewel cabinet is a complete waste of space.... so I decided to put in a hospital tank....

Ready to go, when the need arises I can just siphon of water from the top straight into it, turn it on and I'm up and running.

I also thought though that there is not much space to lift the lid or do some maintenance... so I then thought, 'sliding shelf'. How easy is that.

And here are the results....

BTW, this is a Jewel Vision 260

11058674.jpg

11368494.jpg

nice idea but what size is that small tank and what weight will the under mount runner hold? I wouldn't be extending the shelf out with the tank full and not holding it up, the runners might be ok with the shelf back but when it's forward the leverage of the tank might be too much for it.

LOL, you guys are quick...

Yeah it's only 19L for the tank but suprisingly heavy, and I had wondered about the weight.

For now I will not extend the shelf all the way out, and am already working on a drop down leg to support the weight at the front.

Great minds think alike aye....

Looks like a really good idea though , is it the Aqua One AR126?

No, the AR126 is too wide. The space is only 350mm.

I got this tank of Simon @ TheFishTank.co.nz via trademe. It's a Q-320. God only knows who makes it. But it's perfect for this application. To be honest I've been looking for a while to find a tank to fit this space.

• 2 months later...

I added a flip down support. Basically just a board hinged at the front with a catch at the back to keep it up when put away.

Also, the rails seem strong enough by themselves, but still good to use the extra support for that 'just in case' factor.

The tank slides nice and smooth as well even when full. I'm quite chuffed actually with how it's turned out. :happy1: :happy2:

17010312.jpg

36870716.jpg