creature found, what it is??

Mel

Today when i was netting out some azolla from one pond to my main pond, I saw this thing.. unfortunately i was to grossed out by it to take a photo ... it was about an inch long and 1/2cm wide, clear like a see through color and had lots of leg things, looked very much like a see through slug.

Anyone have any idea what this thing could be? wish i took a photo now.

Toebiter (Dobson fly larvae) creepy lil guys, had one nip me while examining the gut content of a trout

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-R4fHSV0Un2_xULOji3R7ckcUgOtR-06SRHkyVjU6clXDnMYfug

Larvae of the last surviving lifeform of Ceti Alpha V. Their young enter through the ear and wrap themselves around the cerebral cortex. This has the effect of rendering the victim completely susceptible to suggestion.

Toebiter (Dobson fly larvae) creepy lil guys, had one nip me while examining the gut content of a trout

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-R4fHSV0Un2_xULOji3R7ckcUgOtR-06SRHkyVjU6clXDnMYfug

Nope didn't look like this, my creature was clear like a gel see through .. I had a hunt yesterday and couldn't find it. i do have alot of dragonflies hanging about the ponds so am wondering if it was a deformed dragonfly larvae of some sort :dunno:

After finding this creature it has me alittle worried, just before xmas I had a disaster in my pond where I lost over half my fish population I suspected something nasty in my pond, now i am wondering if this little critter is to blame. All fish I lost were most of my breeding stock so fairly large fish of 8cm and bigger.

Nope didn't look like this, my creature was clear like a gel see through .. I had a hunt yesterday and couldn't find it. i do have alot of dragonflies hanging about the ponds so am wondering if it was a deformed dragonfly larvae of some sort :dunno:

After finding this creature it has me alittle worried, just before xmas I had a disaster in my pond where I lost over half my fish population I suspected something nasty in my pond, now i am wondering if this little critter is to blame. All fish I lost were most of my breeding stock so fairly large fish of 8cm and bigger.

I seriously doubt whatever it was killed adult fish. If it was a dragonfly larvae definitely not. If it was a leach, definitely not unless in huge numbers which I expect you'd have noticed. If it was a slug definitely not, because it would have drowned. If it was a hydra definitely not because they can't kill much more than fry.

I seriously doubt whatever it was killed adult fish. If it was a dragonfly larvae definitely not. If it was a leach, definitely not unless in huge numbers which I expect you'd have noticed. If it was a slug definitely not, because it would have drowned. If it was a hydra definitely not because they can't kill much more than fry.

Thankyou Ira, you're comment has ease my mind .. I do get alittle sqmish when I find bugs in the pond, i know most are harmless and properly good food for the fish.

good idea

this is the one that I am meaning

5QT01QHSUQZSVQOKUQCKVQZSAQAK8KOKNQRS9QY01QHS9QRSBQHS2Q9KGQT04Q30VQCKVQHSVQCKXK.jpg

Nope wasn't one of these.

:dunno: if i do happen to find the creature again or anything freaky looking .. i'll be sure to take a picture