black swans, anyone else love them this much...

aotealotl

...seriously ? what the hell is wrong with these people ? did anyone watch Campbell live tonight and saw the video about those lunatic idiots who deliberately killed and injured black swans with their jet boat ? there are definitely a lot of cells missing in these idiots brains and what a role model they are having kids on the boat as well while doing it... :an!gry :an!gry

Boats are nearly as bad as cats, anyone can go out and buy one (or as many as they want) and start tearing up the ocean with no idea what they're doing. Should have to be licensed to operate one (or at least under the supervision of someone who is), as with cars IMO.

+1 for throwing the book at this clown....

I absolutely hate black swans with a passion and think that they should be eradicated, but roaring around with a boat and hitting and injuring them is just wrong and is not the way to do it. They should have used a gun as it would have been more humane.

I've never eaten them and they probably taste good, but the reason I hate them so much is that they are horrible savage creatures. When I was a toddler and I lived in Rotorua I remember going for walks along the lake with mum and the swans would attack me and they even drew blood on occasions. By the way there were no nests or offspring either, so they weren't defending anything.

I've never eaten them and they probably taste good, but the reason I hate them so much is that they are horrible savage creatures. When I was a toddler and I lived in Rotorua I remember going for walks along the lake with mum and the swans would attack me and they even drew blood on occasions. By the way there were no nests or offspring either, so they weren't defending anything.

All swans are like that. Actually geese too which are a close relative of them. And ducks to a lesser degree only because they're smaller. :)

they are absolutely devastating on Aquatic plants, the sea grass beds in Tauranga get a hammering, saw a flock of about 20 land off matua once near low tide, i walked out less than 10 minutes later and saw that they had each ripped up an area about 1.5m wide and dug it down to about 1/2m deep, so assume 20 swans, thats 45m2 of prime marine habitat destroyed in under 10 minutes.

they cull around 3-500 (probably a lot more) every year