Coldwater Iwagumi

SamH

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sophia and Neon were kind enough to take me out shrimping today, here are a few pics.

stream1_zpsb3b6371c.jpg

stream2_zps6715a018.jpg

stream4_zps858d2d30.jpg

stream3_zpsd9d9484c.jpg

A gambusia that was humanely killed after accidental capture.

stream5_zps4056c5bf.jpg

There were plenty of shrimp and the stream wasn't too cold, no really large ones so maybe the females are off in the ocean? The tank is absolutely buzzing with activity at the moment and I'll take some photos and/or videos when the lights come on 8)

there was a motherload of black snails, they were living in the moss growing on the rocks.

We also saw but couldn't catch a small eel, caught some water boatmen, various ostracods and water critters. Sam and I donated his leeches to Neon's bucket since she wants to purify herself and become a better person :dnc1:

Saw some koi too.

Heaps of the snails made it into the tank, hopefully they'll chip away at the algae. Had a great time, the Koi were pretty cool too.

Yeah Godly I think I definitely got my daily limit :P

Sam and I donated his leeches to Neon's bucket since she wants to purify herself and become a better person :dnc1:

Old skool remedies :thup:

Big black/gold ones or the little brown ones?

The black mud snail, Potamopyrgus antipodarum, is a pest in the USA and can breed up big in the aquarium (much like MTS?). I have a tank full of them, although they don't survive for long in the native tank.

Looks like a good catch of shrimp. Is this the same creek that that moss you sent me came out of Sophia?

Well if they're good little shrimp and eat all their algae then they can have something else :P

I'll try a variety of foods, cucumber, lettuce, pleco wafers, etc and see what they like. I noticed a few snacking on some fish flakes tonight.