Coldwater Iwagumi

SamH

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here they are, 20 of them for $40 off TradeMe with two more thrown in for free :thup: These guys were bred alongside goldfish in a large outdoor pond, they seem to be enjoying themselves in this tank though.

IMG_7860b_zps9a8bf0b8.jpg

IMG_7888b_zpseb025951.jpg

IMG_7894b_zpsbc0cbc3c.jpg

IMG_7874b_zps6ee36ed0.jpg

And this little guy I'm tempted to call "Leela"

IMG_7845b_zps7fccfdc6.jpg

Thanks Joe, they're like mini rainbow trout in person and the large school looks fantastic.

They are perfect for this tank, another 300mm on the end would be nice though. Technically Papakura but right on the boundary, do you know the man?

Try and keep the water cold for them Sam, as coming from outside they wont handle the heat inside a house as well. Perhaps freeze some water in snap lock bags and chuck one in each morning and evening for the first week so they have time to adjust.

They're totally underrated fish, I'll admit I did look past them at the pet shop because they look so washed out in their tanks but their lateral stripe is an awesome iridescent rainbow colour. A large shoal is a must with these guys!

Probably the same guy.

So today I've noticed some interesting behaviour. A fatter fish was wiggling in some moss with a thinner one close behind, spawning perhaps? But most noticeably two males(?) dancing with each other and zipping around the tank. They're very fast so the quality of my photos is average at best. Any WCMM experts able to confirm this?

1080_zpse6eca8c0.jpg