Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Canon EOS 400D Photography

Featured Replies

I'm borrowing a Canon EOS 400D for a few months so I thought I should create a thread of the photos that I take with it.

Canon EOS 400D Digital SLR Camera

- Canon Zoom Lens EF-S 1:3.5-5.6 II

- Canon Zoom Lens EF 75-300mm 1:4-5.6 III

- Marumi 58mm Skylight 1A

Here's a few so far. More to come at a later date.

8173963986_77606870f0_z.jpg

8242763857_1d24d208ea_z.jpg

8243836084_7db885ac69_z.jpg

8243847034_3bd98515bc_z.jpg

8242797283_395b644b94_z.jpg

Thanks for looking :wave:

  • Replies 51
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

If people have ideas then I'd like to hear them, but I just created the thread so people could look at my photos if they are interested.

  • Author
Great picsJoe. Good to see you using that talent well.

Thanks :)

I'm a big fan of landscape and nature shots in general, any extraordinary sights in your area?

Wairau Lagoons, Lake Rotoiti, Lake Chalice, Red Hills and Kaikoura are some lovely places I've visited with awesome scenery.

Some more photos from the last few days.

8249067212_39ed50c5e3_z.jpg

8247995833_ceb7d20910_z.jpg

8249061708_d94ddf21b2_z.jpg

8249032282_48b2d242d2_z.jpg

8247964691_1bb7b527d2_z.jpg

  • Author

Awesome thanks so much for that link :hail:

Sadly I don't think my lenses are good enough to take photos like some of those though :(

Awesome thanks so much for that link :hail:

Sadly I don't think my lenses are good enough to take photos like some of those though :(

Give it a go, you are a talented photographer! You have lots of time with the holidays starting.

I know people in the local photography club (ie the Pres and Sec) plus Grant has a few extra lenses for his Canon. What sort are you thinking of?

Of course, I doubt many photographers would be willing to lend an expensive lens to anyone, especially a teenage boy, no matter how much they claim they will be careful and can be trusted!

  • Author

I'm thinking of something that will let me get closer to the subject of the photo. The smallest I have is an 18-55mm lens, so basically something smaller than that.

Here's a photo of a seagull I took while standing on the deck last week using the telephoto lens.

8252767727_e4ca08928f_z.jpg

I'm thinking of something that will let me get closer to the subject of the photo. The smallest I have is an 18-55mm lens, so basically something smaller than that.

Here's a photo of a seagull I took while standing on the deck last week using the telephoto lens.

8252767727_e4ca08928f_z.jpg

Nice photos.

You dont really need a "smaller lens", you need a dedicated macro lens. Like the 100/2.8 USM or IS L series if you are loaded.

Have you tried using your telephoto lens and a tripod to get closer? Its not ideal as the glass in those standard lenses is quite slow but it can work.

The other option is try using your big lens and your small lens back to back like this. http://digital-photography-school.com/h ... lens-video .

Id save for the L series lenses if you think it is something you want to take seriously. You'll notice a huge difference.

  • Author

Well before I start saving for new lenses I need to buy a new camera because I have to give this one back eventually because it's on loan to me :D

Grant says you can borrow his macro lens (EFS60mm USM) if you want as he knows you will be careful with it. He has a Canon 450 and he thinks it will fit the 400. He also has a 75 - 300mm telephoto lens that came with the camera but he got a better lens so you can borrow the other too.

  • Author

Awesome! Tell Grant I say thanks :D I'll definitely want to have a play around with it in the holidays when I have a bit more time.

I might have to plan a trip to Rainbow Ski Field and take pictures of the alpine insects and plants up there. There'd be a lot of opportunities there for some cool macro shots.

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.