8 months from the beginning till now updated 9/6/13

Adrienne

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Due to the massive amount of sword growth I have done some rearranging of the tank. The smaller red sword which was just to the right of the driftwood is now on the rear left hand side by the filter uptake. I have completely removed the two stem plants that were there. To the right of the sword is an unknown plant, possibly acuata? which appeared of out no where. I have added two anubias barter and two anubias nana to the driftwood. Due to the height the magdalensis chain sword is achieving I have decided to allow the glosso on the front left hand side of the tank to grow over a much larger area and so the magdalensis will find itself only around the base of the twisted val, the swords and the crypts eventually.

I have also added 4 more bristlenose to the tank to assist with the algae on the plants.

Pics -

DSC07915_zps18b693ac.jpg

DSC07917_zpsfd30c7bb.jpg

DSC07939_zps0163888e.jpg

DSC07916_zps2c7247e6.jpg

DSC07941_zpsa0dbb0ef.jpg

DSC07943_zps974e302e.jpg

DSC07917_zpscd107568.jpg

DSC07934_zps0aebe6e4.jpg]

The tank has good lights on it, and they cover the entire top. I have quite big issues with algae on the front glass because of it but hey, whats wrong with having to wipe down the glass every 2-3 days! It does seem to be settling down slowly.

As all the others have already said, that is one awesome tank. I am guessing though that it's all your experiance has gone into this project. Something all us newbies can only asprire to. :thup:

When I first got the original tank, which this one replaced, I was given an awful lot of assistance from people on the fish room and also a lot of FNZAS members who do not come on this forum. Some of them are still around.

Those Parkinson's are cool! They are the only ones I don't have. My favs are the turquoise

I'll be moving house eventually and I'm not looking forward to uplifting my tanks and catching the fish!

I have what I think are 2 male bristle nose that are fully grown. Could I put them together in my 430lt do you think?