Oxygen shells

Jaide

I'm not sure why they're called oxygen shells. They do nothing to oxygenate the water, they're just a lump of calcium carbonate that raises the PH of the water as they dissolve and not much else. Well, other than cost money. Maybe because they sometimes bubble a little bit when you put it in?

best thing for Goldfish bowls are hammers.....

Zeolite would be your best bet, directly absorbs ammonia which is you biggest issue. (but releases salt so won't do well long term)

if your worried about oxygen get a small desk fan and direct it onto the top of the bowl (then take a hammer and.....)

if your worried about oxygen get a small desk fan and direct it onto the top of the bowl (then take a hammer and.....)

:facepalm: Not helpful.

Remove the fish first, put it in a nice big tank, THEN hammer the bowl. :thup:

I don't mean this to appear as a silly / not-helpful response, but you owe it to the fish to get them out of a bowl and into a tank or pond. Fish don't like bowls.

Remove the fish first, put it in a nice big tank, THEN hammer the bowl. :thup:

I don't mean this to appear as a silly / not-helpful response, but you owe it to the fish to get them out of a bowl and into a tank or pond. Fish don't like bowls.

I absolutely agree - it's not mine it's a friend's. Her mother bought the fish and bowl for her 4 year old daughter. My friend knows nothing about fish keeping so I told her to do daily water changes and what sort of food to feed them etc. etc., which she does, and to use oxygen shells which, from what Fishie says, will help alleviate ammonia so should be ok.

What will happen when the fish get too big for the bowl will be interesting..... :spop: