KINDA URGENT! Silicon Failing??? +PICS

Li@m

Since they're air pockets, they must have either been introduced at the time of the tank manufacture, or, are coming in now from the outside. In the latter case you would then expect it to be near the air interface but they're not. Ergo, a manufacturing issue and not generally a cause for concern.

the stuff that matters is the bit in the sandwich between the glass though, stuff that is sitting on the tank wall comes off quite easily when it ceases to be new.

I agree. The silicone between the join is what you should worry about. I hate seeing silicone like that smeared on the glass.

Silicone needs to have size/ depth to it to have any strength. The edges should not be feathered like that and are a weak spot to let water/air under which looks dodgy but until you get air/ water bubble in the glass join i wouldnt worry.

I agree. The silicone between the join is what you should worry about. I hate seeing silicone like that smeared on the glass.

Silicone needs to have size/ depth to it to have any strength. The edges should not be feathered like that and are a weak spot to let water/air under which looks dodgy but until you get air/ water bubble in the glass join i wouldnt worry.

Cool Thanks.