German Blue Rams

danval

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to bring my PH down, I will be introducing Apistos to the tank, I will use peat, RO water and tap. Has anyone got experience using this combination? Do I place the peat in the filter, what type?

I know I should not play around with the ph too much, but as I do not have many fish in the tank I would like to get it down slowly. I will not be using chemicals, just the above. Thanks

The fry are now semi free swimming... They are scattered all over the tank and the parents are rushing around trying to keep them together. There seems to be well in excess of 100 fry. I don't think they are ready to take food yet as they don't seem mobile enough. Will try and add some pics when I can.

Have removed the 2 adult rams as they have started to breathe heavily... 2 days later but still breathing fast... no obvious signs of disease/infection.. other fish in tank all A ok. Sorry don't have test kits to test water parameters. Breathing is not at the surface so not an oxygen prob.. Any ideas?

Have removed the 2 adult rams as they have started to breathe heavily... 2 days later but still breathing fast... no obvious signs of disease/infection.. other fish in tank all A ok. Sorry don't have test kits to test water parameters. Breathing is not at the surface so not an oxygen prob.. Any ideas?

Uh oh this is what happened with the blue rams I got in February. Didn't know why or what caused it. It's what has made me determined to try again and succeed.

High phosphates? That's the only thing I didn't test for.

• 1 month later...