Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another From Tauranga

Featured Replies

Hi All,

Great looking site and very informative forums.

I thought I'd jump on board for the masses of questions I'm about to ask :dunno:

Have always enjoyed looking at the fish-sections in the pet stores since I was a kid and found myself drawn to the colourful Tetras, guppies and the beautiful Bettas. I've always wanted a set-up of my own but never really had the time to devote to it.

Well the time has come to take the plunge and take-up a quieter and rewarding hobby of getting a nice little set-up of my own (freshwater tropical).

I was initially looking for a Fluval Edge 46L but could not find one anywhere in NZ (or anyone that wanted to ship one to NZ) so I've gone for a 25L Fluval Chi instead (unless anyone here knows how I can get my hands on a 46L Edge??).

I've done quite a bit of research on both of these aquariums and have found lots of positive and negative feedback for them and have taken it on-board but both are also aesthetically pleasing and that's keeping the Mrs (the one with the purse-strings)onside :bow:

I'm doing as much research as I can and am planning on keeping a Betta and a small (5-8) schoal of Neons in the Chi (may be a few more different, compatible others if I ever get my hands on an Edge 46L beforehand).

I would also like to have a few live plants as well, but one step at a time I think. I dont want to run before I can walk so may have to stick with material/soft-plastic at the start unless they are really easy to keep?

I'll be in no rush to set this aquarium up and want to take my time to get everything right so any advice is welcome folks (apart from different tank choice).

Please let me know if any of you know where I can get a 46L Edge from before I go ahead with the Chi.

Thanks in advance,

Bay7

WELCOME! :wave: Yay, another local.

Plants are easy, and it pays to set them up before adding fish. There are a few to avoid though, the local shops stock a few that were grown emersed.

If you have any questions, let us know :thup:

Hey mate.

I don't know much about filters so can't give advice there, though with Beta's you need a filter with dispersed flow , not too much current etc.

:)

  • Author

Cheers all, thanks for the replies.

@ F15hguy:

Yep, I joined. I also looked at those Dwarf Puffer vids on You Tube!!

Wont be able to make the next Tauranga meet which is a shame as I believe F15hguy is doing a talk on smaller tanks.

I am pretty sure there are Fluval Edge here in Aucks and will try to remember to check today. I love the chi and intend as soon as we shift, to get one to put some cardinals in and maybe a betta.

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.