Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Planning on a bit of a bigger set up around the middle of this year, same filter, more CO2, similar lights, etc.

The CO2 gassed a fair few of my fish so I cut it off and needed the cylinder on my iwagumi. Yet to decide if I will keep this tank with the stock hood on it for a super low tech rig.

Posted

so in an effort to learn more about co2 for future reference - why do you think your CO2 gassed your fish? Was it equipment failure or just a too high CO2 rate for the fish? What do you do to avoid/fix this?

Posted

I was having issues with getting enough pressure out of the cylinder, I think there was a leak somewhere so I fiddled with the CO2 regulator. I thought it wasn't working so I left home but the valve was fully open. When I returned, the cylinder was pumping out huge amounts of gas into the tank so I shut it off and haven't used it since. Anyways, here's a photo of the tank as it currently stands.

IMG_9569_zps8f677a4f.jpg

Posted

I like to think so! I don't think I could have shelled out $250 for the cylinder if I couldn't see cool stuff like that in action :lol:

Posted

Cool video Sam, I just bought a lot of co2 gear last week including an inline diffuser and a Rex Griggs designed reactor, not sure which I will use yet but I do really enjoy seeing the micro bubbles that an inline diffuser creates.

Posted

Sodastream just adds another level of complexity. I found that each cylinder was slightly different so I had to add extra O rings to make up for this yet still I got leaks every time. Luckily I have a fair bit of thread tape and determination :lol: Having a big cylinder removes the adaptor part, straight regulator to cylinder making it a hell of a lot easier. Sodastream is cheaper initially when on a budget and certainly a viable option for smaller aquariums, but no way can it ever replace large cylinders for anything much over 60L.

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Nearly four months on, growth has been slow. Bit of hair algae and yellow leaves but I've been neglecting this tank so it's to be expected.

IMG_1231_zps713a671b.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...