My 450ltr Tank

Godly3vil

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the comments guys and gals.

Got the ph controller up and running and it works excellent! Even with this running 24/7 I have figured I will use less co2 then running co2 8 hours a day as it only pumps out co2 for 15mins every hour or so even less if I don't have much surface movement. Fish have never looked so happy and healthy since I have had them.

Next purchase is going to be a decent quality dosing pump to dose e.i. ferts. Probably get that next month if all goes according to plan.

It refers to when some species of plants start losing their leaves and they look like they are dying, usually happens when certain species are disturbed in some way. Happens with a lot of crypts and sword plants, they just take awhile to be re acclimated to the new water conditions and then come right. Hopefully.

• 1 month later...

Thought I had better post a quick couple of updated pictures, everything's going really good. Spent awhile today making a diy spray bar for the fx5 I recently got from David, a bit of trial and error and 3 trips to mitre 10 and I got it done lol.

20130512_230335-1-1_zpsbe5fd525.jpg

20130512_225642_zps8177c27e.jpg

I usually do 2 25% water changes a week, only because I don't have a large enough container to store and heat water for water changes so have to resort to using the hose and with only 25% changes it only drops the temp by a couple of degrees. Sounds like you may prefer the Walstad method of planted tanks, from what I understand you only do water changes when evaporation forces you too.

It's all trial and error dude, took me this long to figure it out and finally got rid of most the algae, there is a little bit of green hair algae growing that took hold when I had to get my co2 bottle refilled but even that's minimal compared to the outbreak of bba I had about 2 months in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...