Wgton quake

GrahamC

It's been upgraded I think

Reference Number: 3732830

NZST: Tue, Jul 3 2012 10:36 pm

Magnitude: 7.0

Depth: 230 km

Details: 60 km south of Opunake

Decent quake, tank levels were 10cm below top and water still nearly sloshed out. Squirtle is still chilling though 8)

Stay safe.

No water out of the tank here but boy the plants were swinging! I also had an empty clothes horse in the lounge and it bounced across the floor.

I hope there is not too much damage in the Taranaki region. A friend across town said he had stuff fall off shelves.

No damage here, just a few rattling plates and glasses, Tanks sloshing ( thank god for lids).

Due to the direction no books from shelves, but they did move a bit.

All I was worried about was it waking my Boy up.

He still sleeping so no worries.

I wonder what got damaged at work, if anything?

Felt like a minute here. First couple of seconds I thought the dog was scratching on the bed, it was that sort of heavy rocking. Then I remembered he wasn't even in the room and dived out of bed. Hovered over mr2 in his cot, didn't know if we should run outside or what, then it stopped. Lights and everything outside kept moving for a while, my bird kite that hangs on the ceiling was zooming around the room lol. When nothing else happened I came and turned the computer back on to see where it was, did cross my mind that maybe it the was the finale for chch.