Kim Dotcom's aquarium

GrahamC

Mark said Dotcom gave him "open slather to make and maintain the best fish tank in New Zealand - and we have". The tank was already in the house, but the contents have been developed with Dotcom's involvement.

He estimates the aquarium set-up to be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. Among the almost 60 fish are yellow tangs, blue damsals and percula clowns such as those depicted in the Pixar movie Nemo.

Anyone know who Mark "the fish man" is?

He got a license to print money with that job!

I wonder what will happen to the fish? trademe auction me thinks?

Yes I know who Mark is. However, if he does not want it known in the newspaper article then it would be wrong for myself or anyone else for that matter placing it on this forum. His only involvement in this case is as a person contracted to create and maintain the aquarium. Good on him for continuing to care for the fish even though he is unlikely to be paid.

Yes I know who Mark is. However, if he does not want it known in the article it would be wrong for myself or anyone else for that matter placing it on this forum. His only involvement in this case is as a person contracted to create and maintain the aquarium.

I wasn't after his full name, date of birth or anything. Just wondered if he was known in the hobby. He got a pretty sweet job with that client!

Dotcom: "I want you to set up the best aquarium in NZ"

Mark: "It'll cost you thousands..."

Dotcom: "Make it hundreds of thousands and we have a deal"

Mark: " :o !drool: " I accept on one condition

Dotcom: "What's that?"

Mark: "name suppression"

Dotcom: "?"

Mark: "I don't want people knowing how freak'n amazing I am at setting up and maintaining kick a$$ tanks..."

Dotcom: "anonymity... My kind of guy! You're hired!"

Fishy-fish - I am going to politely request that you edit your post to take out the p word in your first sentence.

As preparations for a court case are now in progress, discussing what may or may not have happened on a public forum is not what should be happening.

Fishy-fish - I am going to politely request that you edit your post to take out the p word in your first sentence.

As preparations for a court case are now in progress, discussing what may or may not have happened on a public forum is not what should be happening.

I think you may have misunderstood me. I'm not interested in the court case, or at least discussing it in a forum, I'm interested in the sweet fish tank and want to give props to the guy who set it up. Mark "the fish man" did an amazing job and it's a real shame that this tank and in particular, the fish, got caught up in all this.

Hey, it's not everyday our hobby is front page news! That's worth discussing here don't you think?

PS I see you already did the editing for me. Interestingly enough, if you search for that word it appears in 9 other posts and if you search for the the present tense of the word, it appears in 852 times! tut tut tut

If you really wanted to, it's pretty easy to find out. I too wanted to know to see what services he offered etc if he had a website.

Awesome to know that he's continuing to support the tank. I only hope there is a good outcome for the fish and corals in the end.

• 4 weeks later...

Dotcom: "I want you to set up the best aquarium in NZ"

Mark: "It'll cost you thousands..."

Dotcom: "Make it hundreds of thousands and we have a deal"

Mark: " :o !drool: " I accept on one condition

Dotcom: "What's that?"

Mark: "name suppression"

Dotcom: "?"

Mark: "I don't want people knowing how freak'n amazing I am at setting up and maintaining kick a$$ tanks..."

Dotcom: "anonymity... My kind of guy! You're hired!"

:sml1: