Can anyone tell me what kind of fish these are?

siftyzod

It is definitely the least user friendly forum I have used, and I have used alot!! Mainly due to the rigmarole of actually becoming a member though, apart from that it is basically the same as any other and the knowledge of the people here makes it more than worth it.

The easiest way is to have a photobucket or twitpic account if you want to put pics on here.

It is definitely the least user friendly forum I have used, and I have used alot!! Mainly due to the rigmarole of actually becoming a member though, apart from that it is basically the same as any other and the knowledge of the people here makes it more than worth it.

The easiest way is to have a photobucket or twitpic account if you want to put pics on here.

Huh, I always thought it was pretty much exactly as userfriendly as most others given probably half the internet's messageboards use the same software or variations of it. :) And the requirements to sign up are fairly average too.

Huh, I always thought it was pretty much exactly as userfriendly as most others given probably half the internet's messageboards use the same software or variations of it. :) And the requirements to sign up are fairly average too.

No way this is the worst forum i have ever used uploading pics ha! i tried for over an hour to figure it out and gave up i wont be attempting to ever use pics on here again...but good ppl on here so guess unfriendly software vs friendly ppl keeps me here

This is pretty basic forum software that does not allow you to upload images. You have to provide a URL and upload them elsewhere, and link to them here. But the problem with that as in other forum software that does the same is that images get lost as users lose their image repository accounts. On the other hand, no image uploading means less storage, and easier maintenance for the people running the forum.

This is pretty basic forum software that does not allow you to upload images. You have to provide a URL and upload them elsewhere, and link to them here. But the problem with that as in other forum software that does the same is that images get lost as users lose their image repository accounts. On the other hand, no image uploading means less storage, and easier maintenance for the people running the forum.

Lol last time i did that was told not too..i give up im gonna post the image in another forum and see if anyone can gtell me what fish i have..

thanks

No way this is the worst forum i have ever used uploading pics ha! i tried for over an hour to figure it out and gave up i

How is it the forum's fault that you took an hour to figure out that you can't do something that's you cannot do? You have to link to the picture. Hit the little image button, paste the address of the picture. done.

How is it the forum's fault that you took an hour to figure out that you can't do something that's you cannot do? You have to link to the picture. Hit the little image button, paste the address of the picture. done.

it is posted elsewhere now ......and last time i pasted a link on a post on here i got told it was a no no so hopefully i can find out hat fish i have :)

Thanks

Fairly average forum signup requirements?? Basically all public forums I have ever visited do not require you to have a non free email account, they do not require permission to make an account, and they do not require your password to contain uppercase, lower case and numeric digits. Some sites(no forum i have ever joined) have these sorts of extraordinary security measures, but the vast majority of those that do have secure financial information to protect, whereas here, we just talk about fish....... Just sayin....

Heh.... I jumped into this expecting to see a thread with pics of fish to identify...

Not hard to post images, just link to another host.... and I have no issues with extra security measures meaning we get hacked/ spammed less etc... getting hacked less suits me fine because then they can't get the personal information that is actually stored in peoples profiles etc.

Personally I find it quite easy to push the shift key to get a capital letter in my password, and the number pad is just as easy to push.

:slfg: :rotf:

No way this is the worst forum i have ever used uploading pics ha! i tried for over an hour to figure it out and gave up i wont be attempting to ever use pics on here again...but good ppl on here so guess unfriendly software vs friendly ppl keeps me here

It's very easy to upload pics.

Step 1. Create a Photobucket or ImageShack account or some other image-hosting website.

Step 2. Download your image from your computer onto your chosen image-hosting website.

Step 3. Click on the 'Post Reply' or 'Post New Topic' icon on the forums.

Step 4. Click the Img icon at the top of the posting box. This should appear - _ (except without the space in the middle. For some reason it dissapeared when I posted it so I put the space in the middle which stopped it from dissapearing).

Step 5. Copy and paste the URL of the image you have chosen in the middle of the Img code - in%20here

Then the image will show up when you post :)

10911046.jpg

Easy - only 5 steps, and very basic.