Planted 25G Update 11/11/12

Li@m

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, im gona take out the big piece in the back and switch it up and sell some plants.

@ Artem -Ther ther from HFF Mt Roskil. The are from the ones that came in from germany. I wouldn't mind brreding these guys but don't have the cash or time :cry: :roll:

@ Artem -Ther ther from HFF Mt Roskil. The are from the ones that came in from germany. I wouldn't mind brreding these guys but don't have the cash or time :cry: :roll:

Oh right! Hopefully someone does breed them, they are a nice alternative to Otos

• 1 month later...

Wow it looks really good. Nice work :hail:

IMO the stargrass doesn't really suit the layout that well, and it looks quite messy to me. I think maybe some Bolbitis or Java fern in that corner would look nicer. Or if you still want stem plants, either Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig', Rotala rotundifolia, Hemianthus umbrosum or Hemianthus micranthemoides would look awesome :P

Nice pics - now you have to try some fish pics! :wink:

The stargrass will grow rampant if you do not keep it trimmed - actually the best thing for stargrass is to chop the bottom off and throw it away and replant the tops.

• 3 weeks later...

Your in Hong Kong Zev! You need to get a shrimp tank!

Nice pics - now you have to try some fish pics! :wink:

Your wish shall be granted.

These are from a few weeks ago ill try get some more pictures tonight. (yes i know there rubbish.)

IMG_7816.jpg

IMG_7838.jpg

Here is a current up date of my tank,

DSC00521.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i decided to scrap the Iwagumi idea and decided to use the pile of wood that i have been collecting for the last 6 months.

I was looking through Amano's Complete works book and fell in love with this scape

index_05.jpg

AQUA JOURNAL-LAYOUT vol.003

And wanted to use the same kind of combination of Congo fern, moss

and stem plants.So i made a cardboard mock up of my tank and just fiddled round with the bits of wood that i had.

DSC00518.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

Comments and criticism please.